United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you tell me what exactly, there nowhere near Peter Swales.
Well the main one for me, when the time comes is to say goodbye, thank you and close the door behind you.

Fergusson sat in the stands, office at the training ground and car par spot etc is a ghost to one and all, unacceptable.

Going back to when the Alison/Mercer partnership was broken, the romance for Big Mal came back to haunt us.

Not for one second do I think our board would allow any of that to happen, but it's still a warning how things can change very quickly.

Who at united has made Darren Fletcher technical director? Who brought Mike Phelan back to the club? The Glaziers bless them haven't a fucking clue about football, but there are tiers of management below them with a wealth of football experience that have rubber stamped these absolute buffoons and given them the keys to the toy shop.

Is the owner of Marks and Spencers responsible for the purchasing of fresh fruit and vegetables, or does he/she leave it to the necessary purchasing department?
I'm of the opinion that yes, the Glaziers should be more hands on in the day to day running of the club but the clowns actually running the club on a day to day basis are the real culprits here, to a man, all at that pathetic football club believe their own hype-you only have to look and listen to MUTV and all of their social media channels and arse licking journalists who have thrown a comfort blanket over the whole club for decades as a major root of the problems they now face.
Ole for christs sake wouldn't even park in Fergusons old car parking spot because he's the still the boss were his actual words.
United were nothing before Ferguson turned up-and laughably the've actually gone full circle back to how they were.

Its absolutely beautiful tbh , Ferguson used to call Maine Road "the temple of doom" in the late 90's, funny how things turn out hey fellow blues.
Some great points. Sure, the Glazers have to take some responsibility for the shit show but a lot of it comes down to decisions made by people further down the food chain. I suppose you could blame the Glazers for appointing those people who keep making these shit decisions but there's an argument that these people have enough footballing knowledge (something the owners don't really possess) to be doing a far better job.

What I don't get is that successive managers have come in and brought their own entourage with them, yet when success doesn't materialise the blame gets put on the Glazers. Apart from "yes man" Solskjaer, and the various caretaker appointments, these are all proper managers that have done a decent job elsewhere - Moyes, van Gaal, Mourinho, and now Ten Hag. All these people have brought their own men in so it's not like the Glazers have denied them anything. Not only that, the Glazers have delivered many players that these managers and the fans wanted but when they don't do their jobs properly it suddenly becomes the fault of the Glazers and nobody else. Seriously, will United's problems go away overnight if they were to appoint a Director Of Football?

I don't know how much Ferguson is to blame for all this, but his continued presence in the background can't be helping matters. And he's certainly to blame for the Glazers getting their hands on the club in the first place.

Last edited:
@gordondaviesmoustache is a victim of his own fame / success on bluemoon. He’s not backward at coming forward. Fair play to him for not hiding behind his previous monumentally misguided prediction, which gets funnier by the day considering the current situation.

It’s ok @gordondaviesmoustache, I’m sure none of us think any less of you!!

;-)
He is rightly worshipped, lauded as being above us all, so when he makes a poor judgement call people will not let him forget. Hence why I said he was the only flapper about Utd who is remembered.

It's his cross to bear but nothing more than a tiny sidebar on a glittering legacy.

@gordondaviesmoustache I never pulled you up on it as far as I recall, but I watched from afar.

I thought they had a good summer last year tbf, and I wasn’t on my own on here thinking that - especially given they’d finished 2nd the season before.
During this last decade, they've often made signings that have seemingly made sense, only for it to go pear-shaped. Their summer 2016 window springs to mind - Pogba, Mkhitaryan, and Ibrahimovic, along with appointing Mourinho as manager had United fans creaming their pants and plenty of our lot getting concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.