United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, but I meant the drop in his net worth over the last twelve months .....
These companies can yoyo how much they want, it's not actual capital it's just speculative. #

As an F1 fan, I can tell you long life Merc Fans, were very unhappy with his 33% stake when it happened. They were calling him a bad mojo, and in general a very bad owner in sporting. ( see historical failures )

It was a bad sign, and personally I still don't get his investment at that level. Now he wants another stake in the scums. Started smelling like actual money laundering.

I can’t work out why you just keep lying about this?

Says who? Because the people who track these things have his net worth as $13Bn (Forbes) or £15bn (British papers) in 2022

No he hasn’t! This is just entirely made up. He’s said via his spokesman he’d like to buy a minority stake with the view to increasing it later. That’s not “no interest in a minority stake”

The story is that the richest man in the country has said he’d like to invest in United and their owners are open to it.

I can’t get my head around why you, and one or two others, have to go through insane mental gymnastics to deny the story is real and something might happen. Last night you were genuinely trying to argue that a United are such a great investment the Glazers could never sell, and that they’re such a shit investment no one would ever buy!

It’s not that big a deal! You don’t need to be scared and go into denial.

It probably won’t happen, if it does it’s not going to bring back the 90s, but the story is incredibly well sourced and confirmed by people representing the parties so it’s real, you can stop pretending it’s a newspaper hoax to get clicks off United fans.

Or as you tried to tell everyone last night “anonymous sources telling half pissed journalists”.

Only thing real about it is the media pushing it! Bet he hasn’t even spoke to Glazers to make a proposal but we will see in the next few weeks, we know this will be in the media for a long time while the rags are bottom half of the league..

My guess Glazers will sell a stake to someone who will give them a much needed cash injection and want a return, they’ll come out with we going to improve the stadium we going listen to the fans we going to invest the squad!

It’s all smoke and mirrors…

For money now rather than later, removal of investment requirement (team/stadium/etc) and to be away from ‘the hassle’. Pretty much the reasons most owners sell their business.

Only question is; will the buyers pay what the sellers want.
I can get that... but question is how much would they be worth now, and how much of that would be an actual cash pay-out to the Glazer family?
Throwing around multi-billion quotes for them is fine, but how much of that will the Glazers actually see... as compared to having a nice virtual cash machine they can tap from at regular intervals?
You say "the hassle", but really - how much hassle is there for them? They don't have to attend games, and live in the US... they don't have to see any of "the hassle" – the fans think they're more powerful than they are... they can boycott games, but the season tickets are already bought, the shiny new rag tops are bought... the Glazers have also increased the revenues of the club massively, despite lack of on-field success... Only relegation would seriously affect them, and the PL won't let that happen.

Well stop making shit up then! It’s not that fucking hard.
Your inability to use Google is the problem. That and your inability to understand other people might have a different opinion.
This spat started with you challenging me about an opinion. Since then you seem to have gone out of your way to forensically prove I'm wrong.
I'll leave you with it I'm taking my dog for a walk on the beach.

Your inability to use Google is the problem. That and your inability to understand other people might have a different opinion.
This spat started with you challenging me about an opinion. Since then you seem to have gone out of your way to forensically prove I'm wrong.
I'll leave you with it I'm taking my dog for a walk on the beach.
You in Brighton with Cucurella's missus?

While winning games pushing for top four and trophies! If they sell up set it all up perfectly finishing between 8th and 5th still won’t make the rags happy maybe for a season or two while the new owner buzz is still around but after that they need to deliver on the pitch! If it doesn’t happen will the rag fans be wanting another new owner?!
New managers
New owners
OLD players.
And the ship is still sinking.
In the words of another Ronald
"I'm lovin' it"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.