United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So over the last 38 Premier League games, the equivalent of an entire season, my admittedly dodgy maths has it that they are 41 points behind us (96 to 55)
That’s an average of more than a point a game, which is MASSIVE

Their goal difference is even worse - they’re 81 behind us (76 to minus 5).
That’s an average of more than two goals a game, which is even more MASSIVE.

Lads, we’re basically playing a different sport
Not quite a fair comparison as they aren't allowed to play utd.

I‘ve never complained about City’s success or the amount they spent. Good luck to you. I’ve always been against the flawed concept of FFP because it’s an anti-competitive tool to keep out ambitious clubs from crashing the elite clubs’ party. For the same reason I won’t begrudge any success that comes Newcastle‘s way. I think anyone fair minded would agree with me. And anyway, success is not down to money alone or otherwise MUFC would still be dominating. You need a good structure, a smart strategy and talent not just on the pitch but off it also. Maybe the Glazers might finally see the wisdom of that? As for City, not just the football side but the regeneration of parts of east Manchester should be commended as well.
Kiss arse ;-)

So over the last 38 Premier League games, the equivalent of an entire season, my admittedly dodgy maths has it that they are 41 points behind us (96 to 55)
That’s an average of more than a point a game, which is MASSIVE

Their goal difference is even worse - they’re 81 behind us (76 to minus 5).
That’s an average of more than two goals a game, which is even more MASSIVE.

Lads, we’re basically playing a different sport
2 massives in one post. Sniff sniff.
:)

To think, not so long ago, the mantra of every second United fan was: "We're a brand, you see. That's why United will always be strong".
It had an impressive ring to it and sounded ominous, to be fair. Little did they (or many others like myself) imagine back then how servicing that brand would be their downfall.
Woolworths was a famous brand but they failed to adapt, became irrelevant, and went bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.