United Thread | 2024/25

They're delighted with our Gundogan move...not!
Still, a bitterometer would truly measure the RAWK response as off the scale in comparison.

I just noticed their new sponsor is Snapdragon. Does anyone else think it's weird (similar to Chelsea) that certain clubs are getting big sponsorship deals from companies that don't actually sell things directly to the consumer? I mean you can't buy anything off Snapdragon, they just make parts for phones. Their customers are Samsung, LG, Oppo, etc, not your average normal bloke in zebra pants.

It'd be like being sponsored by the company that makes the drum in your washing machine. I wonder how many of these sponsorships are sound business decisions, and how many are some rag high up in a company with a marketing budget who fancies meeting Ryan Giggs and getting a free box in Old Trafford.

Does this marketing geezer want to catch gonorrhoea?

I just noticed their new sponsor is Snapdragon. Does anyone else think it's weird (similar to Chelsea) that certain clubs are getting big sponsorship deals from companies that don't actually sell things directly to the consumer? I mean you can't buy anything off Snapdragon, they just make parts for phones. Their customers are Samsung, LG, Oppo, etc, not your average normal bloke in zebra pants.

It'd be like being sponsored by the company that makes the drum in your washing machine. I wonder how many of these sponsorships are sound business decisions, and how many are some rag high up in a company with a marketing budget who fancies meeting Ryan Giggs and getting a free box in Old Trafford.

Wonder if the PL will be raising any queries regarding this sponsorship ?

What the fuck am I thinking about, it's not City ffs.

Interesting to see that Ten Hag and Guardiola did a rare joint interview with a Sky reporter last night.

1_MAIN-Inside-Erik-ten-Hag-and-Pep-Guardiolas-relationship-as-Mini-Pep-looks-to-prove-Man-City-boss-righ.jpg

This was the most insightful part imo.

SKY: "Firstly, Erik, what are your hopes for and your thoughts on the Premier League season ahead?"

TEN HAG: "Well, I would be lying if I said it was not going to be difficult. The summer didn't go to plan. We have two serious injuries already and our transfers did not proceed as planned. As for last season, we were not great and things did not go exactly to the plan that we had planned during our planning meetings. We lost too many games and far too many at Old Trafford. Our defence leaked more than the roof. That was not our plan. I'd like to be telling you that we could push for a Champions League place but... you ask for my thoughts. My thoughts? To be honest, my thoughts, like last year's goal difference, are negative.

"However, we must be optimistic and stick to the plan. We must prioritise the Premier League. To do that, in the first round of all cup competitions, I will not select our stronger players so we can save them for the League. If that means we're knocked out right at the start then so be it. We have to stick to the larger plan. We should be looking at the Premier League table and admit last season didn't go to plan. We must aim higher and go for bigger numbers. Last season we finished in 8th place so this season why can't we go for 18th place? Relegation is just part of the process. Part of the plan. Football is like a trampoline. To go up you've got to first go down."

SKY: "Thank you, Erik, So, Pep, what are your thoughts?"

GUARDIOLA: "Well, we at the club think we have arrived at a good place but the team can do better. I can do better. The Premier League will be fought over 38 games and 114 points are possible. So we will win 114 points, which is one short of the 115, so we must do better. I want all my players to do better. Ederson will be our top scorer with 45 penalty kicks, Bernado will score a penalty kick and even the beer in the stands will taste better."

TEN HAG: "Don't you think you're being a bit too optimistic, Pep?"

GUARDIOLA: "Well you started it."

Although Ten Hag signed a new contract in the summer there is no doubt that his is still under enormous pressure to get results.
There performance against Fulham was not totally convincing scraping a 1-0 win & with Brighton & Liverpool to come he needs points on the board.
If they loose these two games I think the pressure from the media, fans & board will force Ratcliffe to make changes.

Yes me , imagine going into Asda and asking to buy a snap dragon ? Wonder what's in it for the firms ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.