United Thread | 2024/25

Perhaps we are being cynical. Perhaps they've claimed for 2 tours. One at the start of Covid and one at the end.

Of the 3 month lock down.

I think you are onto something so did a bit of googling…..

2018 USA £14.6m

2019 Aus £16.6m

2020 Covid

2021 Covid

2022 Aus - no details

2023 USA could make 15m according to Kieren Maguire article

So if Kieren Maguire has written articles about why clubs go on pre-season tours & the reason is they can make around £15m & yet he says £40m is all above board…..

The cheating cunts!

I still don't fully understand what their system is. Long ball counter attacking with some of the most expensive players in the world will create moments against us, but they don't look capable of dominating the ball and their counter-press is a mess. I thought that was the grand plan?
I've always said that Big Sam would do a decent job at a big club and win a trophy. Good players in a hoof ball system works. However, if you're a top club doing it they call it counter attacking.

They are a game ahead of City in number of played in preseason. Our players from the Euros have only started to come back the last week or so, City’s kids dominated them in the first half then gassed towards the end of the game.

We have a world club championship coming up in June 2025 so the players will be primed to come good from January onwards, the rags will only probably be competing for the Fa cup by then.

Bruno, Martínez, Garnacho, and Mainoo didn’t play a game in pre-season! Out of our back 4 yesterday, only Dalot and Martinez would be considered as starters. Furthermore, Martinez played out of position(played as an LB). Adding to that we played without a striker, hence the wastefulness in front of goal.

I’m not proclaiming “United are back,” but we have massively improved in the last 2 games against Citeh (this was arguably a better game than the FA final we won against you lot, with your team at full strength, btw), and there’s reason to believe we will continue doing so.

The patterns of play between the United players yesterday were impressive. Not long ago, City would walk through our side, and we, more often than not, knew we would be beaten when playing you guys. I don’t have that feeling anymore. That’s a massive improvement in my books.

the weird thing about the press is that alot of united fans believe what they say rather than actually watching the games, i can guarantee that at work tomorrow we will all have rags fans saying they should have won and pointing to rashford hitting the post and i will just say so basically your game plan is to play like a 900m everton and pack your half and hit on the break, its how they won the majority of the games they won last season by 1 goal and just defending for their lives and relying on luck and breakaways and that seems to be the plan.
They are already claiming a moral victory cos they were leading twice and ONLY lost on penalties.....as if they don't count.

Delusion & stupidity have been well nurtured in the home counties during the close season !!

Bruno, Martínez, Garnacho, and Mainoo didn’t play a game in pre-season! Out of our back 4 yesterday, only Dalot and Martinez would be considered as starters. Furthermore, Martinez played out of position(played as an LB). Adding to that we played without a striker, hence the wastefulness in front of goal.

I’m not proclaiming “United are back,” but we have massively improved in the last 2 games against Citeh (this was arguably a better game than the FA final we won against you lot, with your team at full strength, btw), and there’s reason to believe we will continue doing so.

The patterns of play between the United players yesterday were impressive. Not long ago, City would walk through our side, and we, more often than not, knew we would be beaten when playing you guys. I don’t have that feeling anymore. That’s a massive improvement in my books.
United won the FA Cup against a full strength City?
Against a still half pissed up City you mean

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.