United Thread | 2024/25

I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever seen a shitter keeper than Onana. The guy is an absolute bell end. His long kicks generally end up with a throw in for the opposition. His short passing is always behind the defender and bobbles. He even made Bernardo’s penalty save look difficult. He just looks like an absolute car crash and a season full of errors on the horizon.
It a rag tradition to have crap goalkeepers. Stepney, Bailey, Bosnisch, Taibi, Barthez, Carroll. The list is endless.

Schmeichel was a exception.

I
Two games against City pissed up in one Fa cup final and the kids out yesterday. You seem to forget the other 38 games last season where you finished 8th and finished bottom of a champions league group with Galatasaray and Copenhagen. When the proper stuff starts you will be back to your normal crying about how it’s all the glazers fault.
I'd counter by saying your kids played better than your first-teamers in the second half and that was only for 25 minutes. The Glazers are out of the picture now it's INEOS and so far I see no sign that "we will be back to our normal crying" coz of how brilliant they have been.

Bruno, Martínez, Garnacho, and Mainoo didn’t play a game in pre-season! Out of our back 4 yesterday, only Dalot and Martinez would be considered as starters. Furthermore, Martinez played out of position(played as an LB). Adding to that we played without a striker, hence the wastefulness in front of goal.

I’m not proclaiming “United are back,” but we have massively improved in the last 2 games against Citeh (this was arguably a better game than the FA final we won against you lot, with your team at full strength, btw), and there’s reason to believe we will continue doing so.

The patterns of play between the United players yesterday were impressive. Not long ago, City would walk through our side, and we, more often than not, knew we would be beaten when playing you guys. I don’t have that feeling anymore. That’s a massive improvement in my books.
Some pundit yesterday, or maybe this morning said that Trashford needs to get back being a 30 goal a season player. He is probably the epitome of this modern generation of players who can have a narrative set by social media and slavishly followed. There are probably millions of armchair fans/YouTubers that genuinely believe he's been a regular scorer of 30+ goals in a season.

We'll get a look at your team once the season starts. People give trophies out far too early every season nowadays. I still think your style of football needs sorting. Pundits call it counter attacking, I'm of a generation who call it long ball.

Bruno, Martínez, Garnacho, and Mainoo didn’t play a game in pre-season! Out of our back 4 yesterday, only Dalot and Martinez would be considered as starters. Furthermore, Martinez played out of position(played as an LB). Adding to that we played without a striker, hence the wastefulness in front of goal.

I’m not proclaiming “United are back,” but we have massively improved in the last 2 games against Citeh (this was arguably a better game than the FA final we won against you lot, with your team at full strength, btw), and there’s reason to believe we will continue doing so.

The patterns of play between the United players yesterday were impressive. Not long ago, City would walk through our side, and we, more often than not, knew we would be beaten when playing you guys. I don’t have that feeling anymore. That’s a massive improvement in my books.
What are your expectations for the season?

And your post there encapsulates superbly why you are where you are. You are absolute shit, massively in debt and totally deluded. This is a post to remember and laugh at. Look at the positives, Rasmus Birtles to return and replace your alcoholic non striker St Marcus of Rashford.
Bookmarked lol!

Whats hilarious about this is you like most united fans actually believe you're own bullshit, right lets break this down, whether they played a game in pre season or not they were playing all summer just like most of ours so shouldnt take long to get up to speed, furthermore bobb, o reilly, lewis,mcatee and even arguably doku would not be considered starters in our team, you played with a striker all of last season and still couldnt score goals.

You have not massively improved by any metric at all, okay you won in the cup final against a city team that was half pissed and even then we had to gift you a goal to do that and even then you were hanging on for dear life and packing your own half hoping for a breakway just like yesterday, there is literally no reason to believe any of your delusion apart from vain hope and the press gassing you up, even yesterday you got a lucky defelection leading to a breakaway goal.

What patterns of play were you seeing exactly a couple of decent passes, the reality is was it was exactly the same as last season defend for your life and hope to hit on the break and whether you've let the press gas you up into believing the same bullshit that you do every other season or not if you actually watched the game yesterday, it took us 5 mins of actually playing at 70% of our level to break you down, but hey you carry on being a standard rag and believing the press crap ill watch the games.

Your fanstasy is that you won and drew against us and outplayed us, your reality is you got lucky winning one game against a half drunk city team where we gifted you a goal and you snatched a draw against half our team and a bunch of kids.

Got to go doctors tomorrow, my sides are still giving me grief. Fucking snidey red bastards. Haven't laughed as much since 1-6, or any of the other humiliations handed out since 1972.
I absolutely pissed myself laughing twice. The first time was when Rashford put his shot about five metres wide from the left-hand edge of the box, and the second was when he hit the post, when it seemed easier to score.

Considering he’s had a full pre-season, those misses were criminal, though they’re exactly what we’ve come to expect from the overhyped fish finger merchant.

I think you are onto something so did a bit of googling…..

2018 USA £14.6m

2019 Aus £16.6m

2020 Covid

2021 Covid

2022 Aus - no details

2023 USA could make 15m according to Kieren Maguire article

So if Kieren Maguire has written articles about why clubs go on pre-season tours & the reason is they can make around £15m & yet he says £40m is all above board…..

This is why I can't understand Everton being so quiet. I had a look on their forum Grand Old Something or other.
The fans are just accepting it. They should be getting Burnham to raise it with the media........oh wait, ignore that one, getting that gobby scouse MP to kick off, but their not. It's weird. It's as though, after years of being trodden on, they just accept it.

You’re shite and will be lucky to finish 6th.

What rags do well is press when in a defensive sat back mode then when they win it break quickly with a few passes or a long hoof to Rashford they also got in a defensive shape very quickly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.