United To Struggle For Top 4?

Damocles said:
Things that happen ever year:

United lose a player or don't sign and everybody thinks they'll be crap.
United have a poor start and this intensifies.
Liverpool have a good start and start running away with the title.
Ferguson uses this to build a siege mentality at United.
Then, in January, Liverpool bottle it, and United start winning games.
United eventually win the title.

Seriously, every fucking year they do this. They'll win it again.

Nah mate - Chelsea

BlueSinclair said:
Struggle? Hell no they will probably win. You are deluded, unfortunatly :(

i dont think you can call the op deluded,its a fair comment to a point i had a fimilar debate the other day with a rag work m8 about were the goals will come from within the rags team some points i made were

berbaflop will he hit the form he produced at spuds well we have not seen that yet have we.

owen was a great striker sadly now he is not.

do they have a 15 goal midfielder in there side(i could not see one and neither could my rag m8!)

rooney will be relied upon but if things are not going well his head goes astray.

and then on to the defence very strong when all fit but some are looking decidedly dodgy on the fitness front this season.

now i am not saying they wont be in the top 4 but i really do think they have a major fight on there hands this season not just to hold on to the title but all so be within the top 3!

samharris said:
Damocles said:
Things that happen ever year:

United lose a player or don't sign and everybody thinks they'll be crap.
United have a poor start and this intensifies.
Liverpool have a good start and start running away with the title.
Ferguson uses this to build a siege mentality at United.
Then, in January, Liverpool bottle it, and United start winning games.
United eventually win the title.

Seriously, every fucking year they do this. They'll win it again.

Law of averages will come into play this year..

No it wont, they've the best manager, the best squad, they'll defy critics that they have now, they'll carry along steadily without making headlines but winning every game, Liverpool will have their run, they'll fall over themselves as they do, Arsenal will play impressive football but fail to beat the smaller teams or score much at all, and Chelsea will drop points here or there.
They'll go on then on this fantastic run where they go from grinding out results to massives scores.
And before we know it the season will be over and they'll have won, and be in the final of the CL, and all get under our skin while doing it.

Hell I mean watching Ronaldo infuriates me and could you imagine a Man U fan, he hampered the squad as much as he helped it, and all it takes is for Owen to score one goal and they'll be off imo.

Like it or not they're much better then us.
They've the winning mentality and a manager that is capable of building such a magnificent siege mentality that, even though they've sold 2 good players they'll be capable of winning the title and probably will, you know it wouldn't even surprise me if they want on and won the treble just because they're them.

Every single year there's the same old crap. We may have strengthened our crop but they're Man U, they've a (like it or not) fantastic squad that on their day is the best in the League.

And sugesting otherwise isn't being smart, it's comments like that that make us look ridiculous.

I mean on paper, techincally, there's a point in the topic, but I wouldn't be surprised if the person who came up with this never saw a football game before in his life. It's things like this that have people laughing at us.

IrishMacca said:
No it wont, they've the best manager, the best squad, they'll defy critics that they have now, they'll carry along steadily without making headlines but winning every game, Liverpool will have their run, they'll fall over themselves as they do, Arsenal will play impressive football but fail to beat the smaller teams or score much at all, and Chelsea will drop points here or there.
They'll go on then on this fantastic run where they go from grinding out results to massives scores.
And before we know it the season will be over and they'll have won, and be in the final of the CL, and all get under our skin while doing it.

Hell I mean watching Ronaldo infuriates me and could you imagine a Man U fan, he hampered the squad as much as he helped it, and all it takes is for Owen to score one goal and they'll be off imo.

They've the winning mentality and a manager that is capable of building such a magnificent siege mentality that, even though they've sold 2 good players they'll be capable of winning the title and probably will, you know it wouldn't even surprise me if they want on and won the treble just because they're them.

Every single year there's the same old crap. We may have strengthened our crop but they're Man U, they've a (like it or not) fantastic squad that on their day is the best in the League.

And sugesting otherwise isn't being smart, it's comments like that that make us look ridiculous.

Why is it that every single time somebody has a bad word to say about United, you're the one defending them?

United have nowhere near the talent in their squad that you claim. In fact, they haven't even got a decent squad. Outside of their first team, there isn't a player who would be in the team of any top four club, or even us.

They also have an aging first team, that will not be replaced effectively, because they don't have any money to do so. United were always built off of spending money on youth and building them. They can't do that now, they cannot afford to compete with City/Chelsea/Arsenal for the top young players.

Ronaldo was rightly voted the best player in the world, and I'm sure the 70 goals he scored in two season, plus the numerous assists might have helped more then hindered them, you fucking idiot.

IrishMacca said:
samharris said:
Law of averages will come into play this year..

I mean on paper, techincally, there's a point in the topic, but I wouldn't be surprised if the person who came up with this never saw a football game before in his life. It's things like this that have people laughing at us.

you gave me little chuckle with this drivel you wrote.

your first paragraph has just totally contradict its self allready (rags have lost 1 game,the arse have scored 6 in a 1 game and chelsea have not dropped a point yet.

Ronaldo hampered united?

have you seen a football game?

They'll make top 2 again easily unfortunately.

Reckon Chelsea might win it though.

leewill31 said:
IrishMacca said:

you gave me little chuckle with this drivel you wrote.

your first paragraph has just totally contradict its self allready (rags have lost 1 game,the arse have scored 6 in a 1 game and chelsea have not dropped a point yet.

Ronaldo hampered united?

have you seen a football game?

He's badly hurting from last night. Bless him.

Irishmacca, your views on Ronaldo are laughable, and any sensible United fan would admit that.

Having Ronaldo in their team it was almost like the rags were playing with 12 (or even 13!) players at times, that's how good he was. He could score any type of goal imaginable, and frequently did. He also occupied 2-3 opposing defenders, and they had to plan specifically for him. He could crack open any game at any time in United's favour. He practically never got injured.

Think they'd have lost to Bolton last night with him in the team? No way.

United still have lots of very big players, but a number of them are now quite injury prone: Vidic, Ferdinand and Rooney in particular.

Where are the goals in the team? I am not convinced by the Owen-Rooney partnership if Rooney is to play in the middle, Berbatov has a lot to prove and isn't an out and out goalscorer, and...where are the goals in the midfield? Who in their team could get 10+ from midfield?

There are lots of questions for the rags to answer, too many for us to say that they are better than Chelsea or Arsenal I'd say. Not that I think they'll fall out of the top 4, by the way.

Where the fook are their 20/30 goals that the tranny used to get for them coming from ??

rooney.............no

owen..............no

valencia.............no

nani................no

ooops. forgot berbaflop.....and why did I forget him...??

oh yeah Anderson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.