United To Struggle For Top 4?

Their midfield : Deco/Ballack/Lampard/Essien/Malouda/Mikel/Zhirkov shits all over Manu's.

Strength and depth..

My tip for champions.

bluemonkey71 said:
Their midfield : Deco/Ballack/Lampard/Essien/Malouda/Mikel/Zhirkov shits all over Manu's.

Strength and depth..

My tip for champions.

I agree. The big difference is Lampard, who pretty much guarantees 10+ league goals from midfield.

samharris said:
I would like to know what is over rated about the tranny...cos im fooked if I know.

free kicks..very good
scoring lots of goals...very good
tearing defences apart...very good
shit ,hes even good at getting free kicks and penalties..

oh.....its the step overs obviously..

And I guarantee you that if that question was asked a season ago the answer would have been, everything. But as per usual these days, people's opinons change faster then the weather.
When he was at Man U overrated would have been a polite word to describe some of the coments from people on here, and now that he's gone he's like a God, the best player in the world..etc.
And never mind what was said about Tevez from a few, but of course all that's changed now.

Why is it so hard for people to make an opinion and not change it every single second of the day.

Are you a member of parliament cos theres some answer dodging going on here big time.

samharris said:
Are you a member of parliament cos theres some answer dodging going on here big time.

And what questions have I actually "dodged" because I think I've repeated myself enough in my last few posts, don't exactly see the point of repeating myself again and again for a different poster to form the same question/insult.

IrishMacca said:
samharris said:
I would like to know what is over rated about the tranny...cos im fooked if I know.

free kicks..very good

And I guarantee you that if that question was asked a season ago the answer would have been, everything. But as per usual these days, people's opinons change faster then anything.

Some would've said that, mate, but there would've been plenty who would have admitted how good he is.

So this simple question is: was/is tranny one of the best players in the world? Yes. Did the rags rely on him to get them out of jail and win them shedloads of points? Yes. So your argument is laughable, it is simply utter bollocks, as you - and many other united fans - well know.

IrishMacca said:
samharris said:

free kicks..very good

And I guarantee you that if that question was asked a season ago the answer would have been, everything. But as per usual these days, people's opinons change faster then the weather.
When he was at Man U overrated would have been a polite word to describe some of the coments from people on here, and now that he's gone he's like a God, the best player in the world..etc.
And never mind what was said about Tevez from a few, but of course all that's changed now.

Why is it so hard for people to make an opinion and not change it every single second of the day.

my opinions of Ronaldo never changed,total wanker that played for the rags but was and is still one of thee best players in the world today.

utd have no strikers in the 30 goals a season mold, not since rootvanrentalboy, they have lost a top midfielder in ronaldo( 30 goals from midfield )giggs usually 10 a season (now a year older)scholes the same,but now they are getting too old and dont play the full match.so where are they going to get these say 40 goals a season from, fletcher? park?anderson? dont think so, the sooner teams see they are there for the taking the better, this is the weakest team they have had in years and fergerson can try and pull all the wool he wants over peoples eyes by saying we are trying a differrent system but at the end of the day without tevez, ronaldo and a fit scholes and giggs they have no goals in the team.

Sorry for calling you a fucking idiot by the way, my frustration got the better of me, you are as entitled to your opinion as mine :)

Anyway...

IrishMacca said:
You've got an idiot making ridiculous retarded comments about Man U not making the top 4 which we all know is complete bullshit, and anyone who thinks otherwise can't have seen more then 1 football game in their life.
It's one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long time and anyone with a brain in their head could tell you that.

We both agree that United will win the league this season, and that them outside the top four isn't going to happen. As I'll explain below, I just think it is down to their manager more than their team.

Ronaldo is incredibly over rated and caused them more harm then good, mainly last season. I hate the lad with a passion, ya he could score goals (that Rooney mainly) set up for him all the time, but he was lazy, didn't defend and didn't work. And that attitude cost Man U a lot.
Him leaving mightn't be the worst thing in the world, while Tevez, he barely played for Man U last season, so him leaving isn't going to have that much on an impact.

So, even if he was lazy and didn't defend (which he actually didn't have to, as a second striker which is essentially what he was), are you saying he cost the team more then the 70 goals he scored, and 30 goals he created? You're saying he cost United 50 goals a season?

Squads win championships, not 1/2 players, and if we go out thinking that we'll get no where. Man U got over the likes of Cantona, Keane, Schmichael..etc leaving and they were all, especially Keane, much better and much more important then Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is ten times that player Cantona and Keane ever were. Cantona is vastly, vastly overrated by United fans as a player. His influence and creativity was good, but in a competition between him and Benjani in today's league, I'd probably choose Benjani. In fact, every single club's fans out there thinks Cantona was vastly overrated, and was remembered more for his personality or antics. It is the same as saying Vinnie Jones was a great defender, and if he played for United, I'm sure they would. Ask around in some other fans forums, seriously.

And as for the comment about them having an ageing team, here we go again, it's bias getting in the way of fact, they don't, they've young players with the exception of Scholes and Giggs, who rarely play these days, and they've a lot of youth coming through. They've pedigree that we could only dream about.

VDS - old
Rio - getting old
Neville - old
Evra - getting old
Brown - getting old
Vidic - getting old
O'Shea - getting old
Scholes - old
Giggs - old
Carrick - getting old
Owen - getting old
Berba - getting old

Number of players in United's squad who are 27 or above: 13
Number of player in United's squad who are 26 or below: 13

Youth coming through at United:
Foster - laughably bad, even united fans don't rate him - also, he's 26, not exactly young
Fabio & Rafael - look like two good young players
Tosic - Can't really say as he hasn't had enough gametime
Gibson - Laughably poor. Fletcher's natural successor
Macheda - looks promising enough.

Also, wtf is 'pedigree', and what bearing does it have on results?

Their squad is very strong and saying that none of the players outside their starting 11 would get on any of the top 4 teams or our team for that matter is again pure nonsense.

Ok, name them.

Squads win titles. Not individuals, not even the first 11. The rotated a lot last season, the one before that and so on and so do all the top teams.

And as for their money, last time I checked they'd spending power, and a lot more then Liverpool or Arsenal, and Man U, again more fact that can't really be argued with is, that they'll either produce young players from their academy or by young players and mold them into superstars.

And anyone who thinks that Man U will finish below 3rd at a stretch either is unbelievably bias or doesn't know the game.

I'm not defending Man U, I'm simply saying that sometimes on this occasion especially bias goes much too far, and common sense gets left behind.

No, you don't understand. They HAVEN'T got any spending power, that's entirely the point. Their debts are literally crippling them. Please see the Deloitte article written about them for real facts/figures/info on this.

Also, you are defending United. Their youth academy is poor since McClair/Ryan took over the reigns.

I don't understand you, IrishMacca. This is a Man City Supporter's forum, we're all City fans: ergo, we dislike the rags. But you spend a lot of time defending them. Whatever your motives, coming on here and arguing in favour of our enemies is bound to ruffle a few feathers.

Sorry mate, but to me there's no rhyme or reason to your argument.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.