United To Struggle For Top 4?

Braggster said:
IrishMacca said:
And I guarantee you that if that question was asked a season ago the answer would have been, everything. But as per usual these days, people's opinons change faster then anything.

Some would've said that, mate, but there would've been plenty who would have admitted how good he is.

So this simple question is: was/is tranny one of the best players in the world? Yes. Did the rags rely on him to get them out of jail and win them shedloads of points? Yes. So your argument is laughable, it is simply utter bollocks, as you - and many other united fans - well know.

BUllshit, some would have said, he was like the most hated player. But now he's a god, he's worlds best. And the way people are talking now, I don't think they would have admited anything, because these are the same people who think Man U will finish out of the top 4, which tells me, and most, that they know fuck all about football.
The player Man U have and still rely on the most is Rooney, when he didn't play, they lost or struggled big time. Ronaldo was good against the little teams but he'd disapeer when they really needed him, and people on here a season ago would have been the first to admit that, but common sense seems to have gone out the door when they money came in.

My arguement, is what exactly because I'm getting a whole lot of grief for what exactly?

Saying I didn't like Ronaldo, imo he didn't do it when Man U needed him the most. I hated the way he dived, his attitude, his work ethic.
Or is it because I said people are deluded if they think Man U will finish outside the top 4, because they are and most know it.
OR because I said in a way Man U might benefit in defence having lost Ronaldo, he never defended. It's as simple as that really. He didn't work hard for the team.
While Tevez he barely played at all for Man U. So him being gone wont have such a large impact on them.

IrishMacca said:
Braggster said:
Some would've said that, mate, but there would've been plenty who would have admitted how good he is.

So this simple question is: was/is tranny one of the best players in the world? Yes. Did the rags rely on him to get them out of jail and win them shedloads of points? Yes. So your argument is laughable, it is simply utter bollocks, as you - and many other united fans - well know.

BUllshit, some would have said, he was like the most hated player. But now he's a god, he's worlds best. And the way people are talking now, I don't think they would have admited anything, because these are the same people who think Man U will finish out of the top 4, which tells me, and most, that they know fuck all about football.
The player Man U have and still rely on the most is Rooney, when he didn't play, they lost or struggled big time. Ronaldo was good against the little teams but he'd disapeer when they really needed him, and people on here a season ago would have been the first to admit that, but common sense seems to have gone out the door when they money came in.

My arguement, is what exactly because I'm getting a whole lot of grief for what exactly?

Saying I didn't like Ronaldo, imo he didn't do it when Man U needed him the most. I hated the way he dived, his attitude, his work ethic.
Or is it because I said people are deluded if they think Man U will finish outside the top 4, because they are and most know it.
OR because I said in a way Man U might benefit in defence having lost Ronaldo, he never defended. It's as simple as that really. He didn't work hard for the team.
While Tevez he barely played at all for Man U. So him being gone wont have such a large impact on them.

You might win The League Cup again.

I feel proud I got 8 pages I think thats a record for me.....

Anyways back on topic. I still think there a good team and honestly I was probably just too happy about the win against Barca and their lost to Burnley but still I think that they are going to have a lot tougher time this year than they have in recent years and I personally dont think they will win the league... do they have the ability? yes but I think Chelsea are the team to look out for this year.

As for our position Tottenham and Arsenal are going to be our main tests and depending on the health of Torres and Gerrard then Liverpool could be too.

IrishMacca said:
Braggster said:

why your getting grief well,

calling fans plastic.

ronaldo overrated.

defending rags to the hilt.

telling people they know fook all about football!

i could go on and on.

IrishMacca are you Eamon Dunphy in disguise????

I mean I love his anti-ronaldo rants as much as the next man but don't take everything he says as gospel for fuck sake

IrishMacca said:
samharris said:
Are you a member of parliament cos theres some answer dodging going on here big time.

And what questions have I actually "dodged" because I think I've repeated myself enough in my last few posts, don't exactly see the point of repeating myself again and again for a different poster to form the same question/insult.

I asked you in plain ENGLISH...how many scum games have you seen ( not on the net or sky or MOTD) I mean live actually there to base your assumptions on ?? you made a point of saying to a couple of posters on here that they cant have been to many games to base their opinions of the scum on yet you know the ins outs ups and downs of this team..

I will ask again...how many scum games have you been to live ..to base your strong comments and opinions on..

I eagerly await your answer...

KentBlue said:
I don't understand you, IrishMacca. This is a Man City Supporter's forum, we're all City fans: ergo, we dislike the rags. But you spend a lot of time defending them. Whatever your motives, coming on here and arguing in favour of our enemies is bound to ruffle a few feathers.

Sorry mate, but to me there's no rhyme or reason to your argument.

I'm not born Blue, and I'm no fan of Man U, their arrogance is beyond belief at times. But it's just a joke how people are acting these days.
Suddenly because what we've got money we're outstanding, and now because Man U got rid of one player they're not going to finish inside the top 4. There's no sense to it, it's all just pure bias.
Football is football and there are facts and things are the way they are. ANd I can't stand the fact that people are trying to blur the lines between reality and how we'd like to see things.

Teams aren't built on one player, especially not champions. Newcaslte relied on one player and one player alone and that was Shay Given, it almost brought him to the point of quiting football completley, and he left and they fell apart.
Man U lost Keane, he's much bigger player then Ronaldo was, ROnaldo wasn't hear he was this spoiled little brat who did it against the little teams, but never really did it when Man U needed him the most. Roy Keane though, 120% all the time and you'd hear about it real quick if you weren't giving the same, and Ronaldo would have gotten an earful every 5 seconds on the pitch if Keane was still there for not tracking back, and for sulking every minute of the game when things weren't going his way.
Roy Keane was a fabulous captain and an outstanding player in the middle of the pitch, who they still haven't replaced. He led Man U to so many titles and influenced them on everything he did.
He was more missed then Ronaldo ever will be.

It will hurt Man U to loose Ronaldo but they, as they did Keane, they'll get over it.

And I don't see what's so wrong with saying that.

Maybe at the end of the day, ye can't see ye're incredibly biased comments are what they are because some of ye were born into and I wasn't.

IrishMacca said:
Braggster said:

the best thing to do when your head is covered in sand, is to wait until it dries an the brush it of with a dry towel

Just heard an interesting story. Most people know that Michael Owen was the front man for a betting company called Goldchip, which was initially unlicensed (therefore illegal). He was the in-house bookie for the England team but introduced Rooney to Steve Smith, who owned the company. Rooney then ran up nearly £1m in gambling debts for which he blamed Owen. So no love lost between those two.

leewill31 said:
BlueSinclair said:
Struggle? Hell no they will probably win. You are deluded, unfortunatly :(

i dont think you can call the op deluded,its a fair comment to a point i had a fimilar debate the other day with a rag work m8 about were the goals will come from within the rags team some points i made were

berbaflop will he hit the form he produced at spuds well we have not seen that yet have we.

owen was a great striker sadly now he is not.

do they have a 15 goal midfielder in there side(i could not see one and neither could my rag m8!)

rooney will be relied upon but if things are not going well his head goes astray.

and then on to the defence very strong when all fit but some are looking decidedly dodgy on the fitness front this season.

now i am not saying they wont be in the top 4 but i really do think they have a major fight on there hands this season not just to hold on to the title but all so be within the top 3!

IM please tell me in one of my earlier posts were i maybe be biased or am i just looking at it from a footballing point of view?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.