Unleash us Bobby

Mancio,I don't want to sound rude or patronising,but the only way you can win matches by defending deep is if you have a lightning-quick front man like Eto'o.We don't have that kind of forward.Someone like Eto'o or Henry in his prime could stay on the shoulder of the centre back and wait for the right pass then set off and not be caught.As good as Tevez is,he doesn't have blistering pace.He often finds himself having to drop deep to get the ball,then has 2 or 3 defenders crowding round him.At least if he's near the penalty area he has a chance of losing his marker and getting a shot off.If he gets the ball in the centre circle he can't do that.We have to defend high up the pitch and apply constant pressure.

Mancio said:
forevercity said:
just unleash us!

a chance to go 3 points from top should be enough to get the lads going, and should we lose we are only 8 points from the relegation zone.

we shouldnt fear anyone, let alone fulham. get at them and prove us doubters wrong. if wanting to beat hughes, and putting a good performance in for the boss after a tough week isnt good enough to get a performance out of the lads and the management then nothing will

without offence mate. i think you are a very very good City fans. you have got just a problem : you dont understand NOTHING about football.

you think "unleash" , "attack" are the key worlds for win but if was so easy every fucking team will be barca , but in a reality world it isnt.
Get off your high horse mancio before you fall off and look foolish, the poster was expreesing emotion and passion so use your brain and don't take everything so literally. Work on your grammar aswell it's poor.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Mancio,I don't want to sound rude or patronising,but the only way you can win matches by defending deep is if you have a lightning-quick front man like Eto'o.We don't have that kind of forward.Someone like Eto'o or Henry in his prime could stay on the shoulder of the centre back and wait for the right pass then set off and not be caught.As good as Tevez is,he doesn't have blistering pace.He often finds himself having to drop deep to get the ball,then has 2 or 3 defenders crowding round him.At least if he's near the penalty area he has a chance of losing his marker and getting a shot off.If he gets the ball in the centre circle he can't do that.We have to defend high up the pitch and apply constant pressure.

You have to go back to the 40's to find a better win % from a manager.

It might not be the way you (or I) try and win games, but it can be effective.

I'd like to see AJ, Silva and Tevez all on the park from the start.

That's all I ask.

If I was really brave I would ask for AJ, Silva, Tevez and one of Balo/Ade up front.

-------De Jong

AJ------Milner----Silva

--------Tevez

-------Ade/Balo

moomba said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:

You have to go back to the 40's to find a better win % from a manager.

It might not be the way you (or I) try and win games, but it can be effective.

It really is a difficult situation mate and i agree to a large extent, that winning is everything and that qualification for the CL next year is all that matters and if he does that, he has done what's asked of him and we should rightly be pleased. His problem seems to be the full support of his playing squad, rather than any dissenting voices from us as fans.

I genuinely do like the guy and feel that he would bring us success given the time. I also feel that a trust in his players and a much more flexible approach that see's him adopting tactics dependant on opposition rather than the bog standard, one size fits all that we see would help him immensely.

The big question is, will he get it and i honestly don't think he will and it wont be us as fans to blame.

blueinsa said:
It really is a difficult situation mate and i agree to a large extent, that winning is everything and that qualification for the CL next year is all that matters and if he does that, he has done what's asked of him and we should rightly be pleased. His problem seems to be the full support of his playing squad, rather than any dissenting voices from us as fans.

I genuinely do like the guy and feel that he would bring us success given the time. I also feel that a trust in his players and a much more flexible approach that see's him adopting tactics dependant on opposition rather than the bog standard, one size fits all that we see would help him immensely.

The big question is, will he get it and i honestly don't think he will and it wont be us as fans to blame.

In the end you live and die by results, and while we stay at or near the top I don't think it really matters what the supporters think.

It's a good thing the pay is good though, because if we do finish top 4 his reward is going to be a raise in the expectations and standards expected of his side. Once we are in the chumps league we will be expected to win, and win with style.

Will he be part of that? I'm not too confident, but theres only one way to shut up discontent in the stands and in the dressing room and thats to win games. Hopefully starting today.

moomba said:
theres only one way to shut up discontent in the stands and in the dressing room and thats to win games. Hopefully starting today.

This really is all that matters.

I hope our fans can see what Mancini is trying to do. With the back 6 we now have (including Hart and De Jong) we can let the others express themselves. Jo has slotted in nicely on the left and the players have interchanged fantastically. This is the formation best suited to our players and the balance between attack and defence is perfect. It's an improvement on the West Brom game and in my eyes this is how Mancini wants us to play all the time. The 8 days rest and an early goal has done wonders for us as a team and Tevez as a player. Had he been this fit against Brum and United they would have been better performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.