US Politics Thread

The banning itself in isolation isn’t worrying.

What is worrying is the blatant conspiring by these huge and influential social media organisations like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Google and Apple joining the party by issuing pre-emptive strikes on Parler yesterday, the platform where Trump would have ended up. Added to the fact that CNN are actively trying to get any right wing channel taken off the air in America.

I know who I’m preaching to on here, but this is actual authoritarianism. And it’s not being handed down by elected officials who are accountable, but by Silicon Valley.

His actions were crass, the man is a narcissistic clown, I don't like him at all.

People are confusing the two.

If twitter had banned Biden, the very same people on here who getting hot under the collar about my post would then be outraged at the banning of Biden and saying Corporate power has gone to far.

Because the issue is about Corporate power and how far it has seeped into society and how much it affects our lives and our democracy.

If Biden had incited violence and pushed conspiracy theories for 4+ years then everyone would be cheering him getting banned.

What is worrying is the blatant conspiring by these huge and influential social media organisations like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Google and Apple joining the party by issuing pre-emptive strikes on Parler yesterday, the platform where Trump would have ended up. Added to the fact that CNN are actively trying to get any right wing channel taken off the air in America.

I know who I’m preaching to on here, but this is actual authoritarianism. And it’s not being handed down by elected officials who are accountable, but by Silicon Valley.
Fascinating. I wonder if maybe these organizations are doing what they are doing because they are afraid that maybe new customers who have other means of communicating or other competitive products they can buy might decide to abandon their products in favor of others if they allow other users to repeatedly infringe the rules they themselves set up.

Just a thought from my teenage kids who don’t use Facebook or Twitter.

If Biden had broken every single published rule of Twitter for four years, no they wouldn’t. That’s absurd and a lie.
You are getting very hot under the collar, calm down pal. calm down.

What do you think will happen if Biden has the cojones to rein in corporate power. Because by saying nothing now corporate power is free to do as it wishes. Is that absurd?

I know who I’m preaching to on here, but this is actual authoritarianism. .
Nah. It’s some influential institutions deciding, perfectly legally, that they don’t want any part in enabling a proto-fascist regimes. Where’s the problem?
The only thing that pisses me off is that they’ve waited until now.

CNN are rightly calling out fox news , they have been a disgrace to the profession and have some of the most right wing people working there that i have ever seen , they have enabled trump for more than four years, abuse the power he was given

Spot on.

I think the majority of us are in agreement the Fascist has been found out.

The effects of the corporate world on our lives both on a personal and political level is really worth a thread of its own which will probably tank after 4 pages sadly despite it being an important topic.
Yeah, I think you should start a thread on the evil of the phone company, or maybe railroads or steel in the 1880s and how monopolies In all those industries continue to dominate the world. :)

In 30 years people will be laughing about how there was once this company called “Facebook”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.