Us

I understand expectation has risen but we are still new boys at the top table with loads to learn.

Was sat in south stand tier2 last night and thought perhaps atmosphere wise it may well be different when there are 6k behind singing.

Mainly though we are not entitled to anything, we have something at the moment we should enjoy and cherish, to be in the hunt is something many of us have never seen.

Enjoy it ffs

Blue Til Death said:
This should have been pinned up in the dressing room last night and should be for the last 5 games.. Its the players that need a spine replacement not the fans.

mmmm. NOt sure about this. One idiot chucking his season ticket away, moaning whinging fans on this forum…..

Now is the time for the real fans to stand together

-- 17 Apr 2014 23:19 --

cleavers said:
Rascal said:
Best post I have read today CiL
Me too, unfortunately far too many on here just don't have the balls for being supporters of a top club.

Well said mate<br /><br />-- 17 Apr 2014 23:21 --<br /><br />
Pablo1 said:
I'm all for backing the boys until the end and I'll continue to do so at the stadium wherever we're gunning for the league or battling relegation. When I see a team that promised so much turn in the kind of performance they did last night, at the most critical part of the season and with the title still to play for I'll reserve my right to be fucking gutted and a bit despondent on here.
Obviously there are people who take it too far, then there are the blatant wums from dicks who should have been fucked off from here long ago which sometimes makes this place hard to read after a defeat, but honestly, what I witnessed against Sunderland was every bit as turgid as last seasons shambles. Roll on the summer..

Actually, whilst we missed Yaya and David, I have to give credit to Sunderland. (or can't we do that?)

Rascal said:
I understand expectation has risen but we are still new boys at the top table with loads to learn.

Was sat in south stand tier2 last night and thought perhaps atmosphere wise it may well be different when there are 6k behind singing.

Mainly though we are not entitled to anything, we have something at the moment we should enjoy and cherish, to be in the hunt is something many of us have never seen.

Enjoy it ffs
A fair number don't get this, I said to someone earlier today, barring a miracle, for the 50th time in my 52 years we won't win the title, not sure how I'll cope really !

In fact even 1 of the 2 we did win, I was barely old enough to understand what it meant, its the sense of entitlement that many have that I can't fathom, and if I'm honest I don't really sense it at the games, its just on here mostly.

We had a great chance this year, no doubt about that, but only 1 team can ultimately win it, it doesn't look like it will be us, but I haven't given up yet, sadly it seems many on here have, and that's not "support" the way I understand it.

Exactly Cleavers.

on average we have won the league once in every 40 years since we were born. But we are now at the top table. I dont expect us to win anything but by god im enjoying us competing.It beats fretting about a point here and there to escape relegation.

When we played Barca away we were staying at the top of the Ramblas, as we walked down to the square I knew we had arrived, work to be done but we had arrivex as seeing one of Europes most iconic streets swathed jn sky blue made all my pain worth it.

We are fucking City Ffs

Rascal said:
When we played Barca away we were staying at the top of the Ramblas, as we walked down to the square I knew we had arrived, work to be done but we had arrivex as seeing one of Europes most iconic streets swathed jn sky blue made all my pain worth it.

We are fucking City Ffs
I've thought the same at a number of these games now, Lokeren - back in europe proper (no offence to TNS), Groclin (no idea where the fuck was I going that day), Copenhagen, Schalke, Munich, Dortmund, Villareal, Amsterdam, and Barcelona, all full of blues having a great time, not all great results, but from being a kid, they're days I'd dreamed of. Not all down to our current owner either. I have been very happy to be part of them all, not to forget the many big games long before that, I think many have forgotten (or never knew in many cases) what the word supporter really means.

cleavers said:
Rascal said:

We are fucking City Ffs
I've thought the same at a number of these games now, Lokeren - back in europe proper (no offence to TNS), Groclin (no idea where the fuck was I going that day), Copenhagen, Schalke, Munich, Dortmund, Villareal, Amsterdam, and Barcelona, all full of blues having a great time, not all great results, but from being a kid, they're days I'd dreamed of. Not all down to our current owner either. I have been very happy to be part of them all, not to forget the many big games long before that, I think many have forgotten (or never knew in many cases) what the word supporter really means.

Sorry. I cannot understand your attitude at all. Neither of you. Football is a game and it's a game you play to win. Of course only one team can win the title or CL and most teams fail. Some teams and fans are happy with failure, they are called losers. The team that wins are called winners. Call me stupid but I don't think £500M has been spent on the side so that we can be called "losers". You can spend £1M to achieve that. I am also sick to death of the people on here saying "but look where we were 10, 20, 30 years ago" it's irrelevant. Quite rightly we should be judged on how we do in the major tournaments. The truth is that winning takes guts. It has to matter so much that it hurts when you don't. Much simpler to win nothing, no pain. No pain, no glory is such a true saying. I'm glad that you enjoyed Las Ramblas seeing all the blues enjoying themselves. How did we do in the game though? Or was it alright to get beat because it's Barcelona and we were playing York 10 years ago? It's time for us to do more than just take part fellas, it's time for us to win.

CC1 said:
Blue Til Death said:
This should have been pinned up in the dressing room last night and should be for the last 5 games.. Its the players that need a spine replacement not the fans.

mmmm. NOt sure about this. One idiot chucking his season ticket away, moaning whinging fans on this forum…..

Now is the time for the real fans to stand together

-- 17 Apr 2014 23:19 --

cleavers said:
Rascal said:
Best post I have read today CiL
Me too, unfortunately far too many on here just don't have the balls for being supporters of a top club.

Well said mate

-- 17 Apr 2014 23:21 --

Pablo1 said:
I'm all for backing the boys until the end and I'll continue to do so at the stadium wherever we're gunning for the league or battling relegation. When I see a team that promised so much turn in the kind of performance they did last night, at the most critical part of the season and with the title still to play for I'll reserve my right to be fucking gutted and a bit despondent on here.
Obviously there are people who take it too far, then there are the blatant wums from dicks who should have been fucked off from here long ago which sometimes makes this place hard to read after a defeat, but honestly, what I witnessed against Sunderland was every bit as turgid as last seasons shambles. Roll on the summer..

Actually, whilst we missed Yaya and David, I have to give credit to Sunderland. (or can't we do that?)
You can do whatever you want, my post refers to what I witnessed on Wednesday, which was a team who after going one up then sat back and allowed the bottom club in the premiership with a recent record that's abysmal, to get on top whilst we played as though it was an end of season nothing match.
Fair play to Sunderland, they fought for their lives and fully deserved their draw, if not the win. The fact we allowed the game to pan out like it did is what I was most disappointed in.

Palerider said:
cleavers said:
Rascal said:

We are fucking City Ffs

Sorry. I cannot understand your attitude at all. Neither of you. Football is a game and it's a game you play to win. Of course only one team can win the title or CL and most teams fail. Some teams and fans are happy with failure, they are called losers. The team that wins are called winners. Call me stupid but I don't think £500M has been spent on the side so that we can be called "losers". You can spend £1M to achieve that. I am also sick to death of the people on here saying "but look where we were 10, 20, 30 years ago" it's irrelevant. Quite rightly we should be judged on how we do in the major tournaments. The truth is that winning takes guts. It has to matter so much that it hurts when you don't. Much simpler to win nothing, no pain. No pain, no glory is such a true saying. I'm glad that you enjoyed Las Ramblas seeing all the blues enjoying themselves. How did we do in the game though? Or was it alright to get beat because it's Barcelona and we were playing York 10 years ago? It's time for us to do more than just take part fellas, it's time for us to win.
Bang on the money.great post.i,l be gutted when we don't win the league,this year promised so much and we've blown it again basicly handing it to the scousers.with the squad and resources we should of had this league in our hands already,a very dissapointing end to the season like last year,its all about the here and now,IMO we are still living of the title in 2012,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.