VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
From WHU v arsenal....regardless of if the player goes down or not if it's a foul, it's a foul.
Why does VAR need the player to go down all arms and legs frailing, a push is a push if it's a foul it's a foul, if it's a penalty it's a penalty. Unless the player stays on his feet !
Shouldnt VAR bring looking to see if their is a foul regardless of the player going down or staying up , or am I missing something ? You can play advantage and than pull play back

View attachment 12874
Big difference between yesterday and Foden's. Lacazette had a slight hand on his shirt, no where near enough to bring him down, Martial, Rashford, Mane, Salah, Vardy, etc would have gone down and dependent on the bias of the VAR staff a penalty may have been awarded. However, anywhere else on the pitch the player doesn't dive and there's no issue.

As further evidence of VAR cheating, last Monday in the second minute, Wolves should have had a penalty against the Dippers, clear as day, even Spit said so at half time. It wasn't even reviewed, the VAR ref was Madley, who was pulling his strings?

Big difference between yesterday and Foden's. Lacazette had a slight hand on his shirt, no where near enough to bring him down, Martial, Rashford, Mane, Salah, Vardy, etc would have gone down and dependent on the bias of the VAR staff a penalty may have been awarded. However, anywhere else on the pitch the player doesn't dive and there's no issue.

As further evidence of VAR cheating, last Monday in the second minute, Wolves should have had a penalty against the Dippers, clear as day, even Spit said so at half time. It wasn't even reviewed, the VAR ref was Madley, who was pulling his strings?
The VAR director no doubt.

Watching France V Wales in the rugby and its chalk and cheese to how Var is used. Referee talks to both teams, you listen to the conversation between referee and video check official, clear communications thats respected by both teams. How can Var be so awful compared to this
In work yesterday morning (Wales) and there were many nursing home made hangovers but not one complaint with the loss being down to the match officials,in fact it was the opposite and the ref was probably the man of the match, yes Wales lost by being down to 13 players but players fault not officials.
If only football would take note.

Absolutely. I call it the 50/50 decisions that can always go either way and no one can really complain. But nowadays with VAR, 80/20 calls, even 100% calls are being regarded as 50/50 calls where they can give whatever they want.

"They" can equal anyone nowadays :

"Former ref Mark Halsey has learned VAR Andy Madley was told by commander Adam Carter NOT to award Manchester City’s Phil Foden a blatant penalty against Southampton last week."

Who the fuck is Adam Carter!? Well this is who (From the Sun back in 2019)

I've always said too many decision makers means there is more opportunity for bias, I preffered it when it was just the ref we didnt trust. I want those days back, I dont like football being stopped all the time to give decisions that are as ridiculous as pre-VAR days.
Wtf is a match commander? There is s lot on wiki about recent decisions by them but until a few days ago lthought the term was a sarcastic reference to some snide bastard. How has something like that been kept quiet? And why a military term like commander?

Wtf is a match commander? There is s lot on wiki about recent decisions by them but until a few days ago lthought the term was a sarcastic reference to some snide bastard. How has something like that been kept quiet? And why a military term like commander?
From what I can make out from the media I've read he's an IT guy with no ref qualifications.

The whole thing stinks, and it alludes to what I've always believed about moving infield decisions to a group of annonimous guys in a room somewhere else. Too many points of failure/bias.

For that reason alone I want VAR getting rid of. Despite the 'occasional' good decisions it makes

MEN has United fans as reporters, The Athletic has a United fan as City correspondent. Is there a City friendly journalist that could be prompted into following up more on this?

Nobody seems to care because it’s City that were affected in this instance but it looks like match fixing to me. The game was 1-1 at the time.

I struggle to believe that this is a one off occurrence. So what other games have been changed by this guy?

I don't think it was his strings being pulled

Just seen the Kane 'penalty' decision. Fuck me the cheating twat deliberately moved his foot across so that he could be touched and then goes down holding his shin. Never a penalty in a million years but as it's Sir Harry, Mike Dean couldn't whistle quickly enough and Villa players accepted it.

First venture on to this stream for me.
I cannot wait until the Euros to see what the impact of VAR has on major international competition and also how the Premier league refs etc learn any lesson.
I think it could be the death of VAR as we know it or actually give us all clear guidelines.
The thought of going back to a game under the current criteria is nauseating

From what I can make out from the media I've read he's an IT guy with no ref qualifications.

The whole thing stinks, and it alludes to what I've always believed about moving infield decisions to a group of annonimous guys in a room somewhere else. Too many points offailure/bias.

For that reason alone I want VAR getting rid of. Despite the 'occasional' good decisions it makes
There is something VERY wrong here. I don't know when this football major general appointment came in but it seems he was slipped in in some sort of secret squirrel appointment. I cant find anything about it being introduced just a few mentions in recent days by some people complaining but not complaining enough and not loud enough. lt screams out dodgy to me but why so little fuss about it?
It seems that there are 3 'commanders' in this very strange major change to football.
One is Adam Carter who is said to have been the **** (my word but it fits) who ruled out the award of a pen when Foden was obviously tripped. He has no refereeing qualifications or experience.
Then there is Neil Swarbrick former referee of no great talent. He seems to have got into a heated argument with the VAR at one match Andy Madley by trying to over rule him.
The third is an ex assistant ref called Mike Mullarky whose name seems to cover this ridiculous situation.
So who chooses these people?
Who pays them?
Why is it so secretive?
Why so little comment from press and pundits?
Why no complaints from clubs?
Why no complaints from the Football authorities?
Why no complaints from referees? Surely they must get their noses out of joint when some office computer boy overturns their decisions?
Something is very rotten in the state of football and it STINKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.