VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
VAR is good for the game. Its the clowns who operate it and them hiding away wirh no-one to answer to, who are the problem.
In most of the games i watch, and i watch a lot, var is not good for them.

It doesn't help the match flow, has players stood around with their hands on their hips, completely undermines the refs, rules out goals, confuses everyone, encourages diving and cheating and, ultimately, dominates the conversation.

Remember the PL implemented it a season later to ensure they got it right Well Mr Riley that went well, could you also explain why the qualified ref was over ruled in the VAR den when he thought it was a foul by the Saints keeper on Phil by the match commander, Adam Carter, who is not a qualified ref?
The Match Commander, a term I have never heard of in over 70 years of watching the game, was giving a talk in Eastleigh to the refs association. That is a place that is very close to Southampton so does it follow that he lives down there. Favouritism obviously not a problem for him.

Has anything more come of these Match Commanders. I dont buy the press/media so havent heard much about these.
The only thing I heard was it was the March Commander that didnt give the Foden penalty, over ruled the VAR refs.
Or have I been dreaming ;)

Has anything more come of these Match Commanders. I dont buy the press/media so havent heard much about these.
The only thing I heard was it was the March Commander that didnt give the Foden penalty, over ruled the VAR refs.
You havent missed anything. Everyone was told to shut up and they did. The lick spittle media said nowt, even Martin Samuel, the one honest reporter hasnt asked a question about it. To be fair, neither have City. It stinks more than the Swamp 10 minutes after kick off.

I thought one reason VAR was brought in was to help referees when they missed an incident.
Yesterday it was clear Stones was brought down in the area at a corner. Marriner 'missed it' (cough) but BT didn't and to my surprise even showed it on a reply, interestingly they then said VAR has changed and they no longer point out these incidents!!!!!
Is that correct or were we just done over again

I thought one reason VAR was brought in was to help referees when they missed an incident.
Yesterday it was clear Stones was brought down in the area at a corner. Marriner 'missed it' (cough) but BT didn't and to my surprise even showed it on a reply, interestingly they then said VAR has changed and they no longer point out these incidents!!!!!
Is that correct or were we just done over again
We were on a hiding to nothing yesterday, I knew that with the Dutch referee Andre Blind on duty it was going to be hard going.

Does the match commander even exist?

We know Foden should have had a penalty and we know Andy Madley was on VAR.
City/City fans may not have ever forgiven Madley for that seemingly corrupt decision.

If Madley got Mark Halsey to muddy the water with talk of a match commander who overruled him then Madley is free to ref or VAR our future games.

This Adam Carter gets the blame but we don’t have any idea on what games he is involved in week in week out or what the match commander role even is.

Lots of controversies over VAR this weekend
Rags and Dippers fans aplenty saying they’re finished with the game and throwing toys out of the pram
Newcastle somehow not given a earlier
Wolves goal ruled out for a tight offside call

The clearest call, arguably, of the lot was Stones having the shirt pulled off him and dragged to the ground in the penalty area and there hasn’t been a word about it, barely a replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.