Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. Cornish_Blue

Cornish_Blue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    you left out vandalise, steal, extort, and ambush a team coach.

Bobbyespania likes this.
  2. Cornish_Blue

Cornish_Blue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I can’t wait til he writes his book and exposes the PL and it’s ‘rule makers’ for what it really is.

3. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

@Ric please stop derailing the thread. This is about VAR. If it continues I will have to report you to the Mods.

:-)

ADVERTISEMENT

4. BaldyBoy68

BaldyBoy68

Team supported:
    Walsall
    The Liverpool penalty appeal IMO was as much a penalty as the Southampton penalty appeal. Long had both hands on Firminos shoulders not allowing to head into an empty net. Both should’ve been given by VAR.

5. blueinsa

blueinsa

No you are refusing to listen and instead saying I'm avoiding.

When did you ever hear moans about domination when Utd where winning it every year?

Pre PL when Liverpool where winning it?

Mourinho and Chelsea dominating the domestic game?

Never is the answer but it was rolled out when it looked like we might just be about to do it.

The old G14, the cartel of PL clubs who felt the need to write and co sign a letter bemoaning us? Coincidence or clubs scared of not so much no longer winning but the reality that their guaranteed cash flow was under serious threat?

Back on topic, back to VAR......Liverpool FC have been given virtually every single important match/result winning decision this season and that is a provable fact whilst their nearest and biggest rivals for the title, whilst suffering a drop in form that meant they would win it anyway because they are an excellent side, have lost points due to VAR decisions, again, a provable fact.

Gullible fans and I was one of them no doubt thought VAR was the very thing that would go some way to cleaning the game up but that has been completely rubbished in its first season and it isnt because of teething issues implementing a new system, its because of the deliberate, secretive, inexplicable and bent way they have gone about it which has given them a new ability to influence results of games.

PiGMOB are rotten to the core and they report to a league that cares about one thing and one thing only.......£$.

To finish I dont go to games anymore, dont waste my money on it and wouldn't go if it was free because of my thoughts on the lack of sporting integrity in the game right now. I also think that despite being the club to suffer the most down the years from PiGMOB and its cheats, due to the money involved we too are happy some times to turn a blind eye to what is happening and that was reinforced to me after the game at Anfield this season where it was clear VAR was not in use at that game and that both clubs and broadcasters had been asked to cover it up.

An utter fucking disgrace.

LWashington and Bobbyespania like this.
  6. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

We really wouldn't mate, I've no idea why you'd even type something like that. Makes us look bitter as fuck.

7. GAZZA

GAZZA

I think that's the least of this site's problems.

8. deafmanstevo

deafmanstevo

Oh dear ha ha where was this post last season and the season before, and dont worry you wont be writing this next season, when we win the league again it will be fantastic, it not corrupt when we win it.!!!!

9. blueinsa

blueinsa

Use the search function and take a look.

10. Paladin

Paladin

Did Scudamore mean dominate a single season, like Liverpool this season, or City two seasons ago, or was he guarding against a team dominating over a period of time? I think seven out of eight domestic trophies won in the last two seasons is the type of dominance they want to protect against.

Another factor is the psychological implications of the questionable VAR decisions. After the home Spurs game, I thought we had been very unfairly swindled out of two points. I reserved judgement though until I had seen how similar incidents were handled in Liverpool games. After a while, I formed the opinion that Liverpool were getting favourable VAR treatment. This was especially prevalent in our game at Anfield, where at a minimum, Sterling should have been awarded a penalty.

This consistent unfair treatment, even if only perceived and not real, will have an impact on the player's mentalities and negatively affect their performances. The dropped points in all those games could happen because concentration is not at its peak, which might happen when players reach the point when they think there are other, negative influences in play.