VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently, England thought the goal had been awarded, so when he said "check complete", he thought he was supporting the on-field decision.

Which raises, inter alia, the following:

It's an indication of how poor the communication is between referee and VAR. Drop the chummy nicknames, get professional and have clear communication for Christ's sake. It's the absolute minimum.

There are how many on VAR?Three? Four? Yet none of them knew what was actually happening in the game?

This is a consequence of putting poor referees in charge of VAR. You get poor VAR. Surprise.

Finally, SAOT won't get rid of human error, there are still a large number of human judgments required, although it would clear this one up because it would say offside or not offside, not check fucking complete. But that is communication, not a technical issue.
So when he saw the ref point for a free kick instead of at the centre circle why didn't he try to correct him?

So when he saw the ref point for a free kick instead of at the centre circle why didn't he try to correct him?
Becasue once the ball is placed the game has resumed and the VAR official cannot interfere with the onfield ref at that point.

I’m not much in favor of sacking people for making a mistake, but THEY CLEARLY were not paying attention to the game on ANY SCREEN, let alone the phalanx of them in front of them!

Sadly, I think it’s a firing offence. Some decisions don’t change games. Today, the decision did, and it may cost tens of millions come the end of the season.

Indeed, the non-second yellow in our game did likewise. We were on top at 1-1 and against 10 men, it’s almost certain the result would have been different! Again, could cost tens of millions at season’s end.

Darren England has a lot of form for making terrible VAR decisions
Webb was on the rest is football podcast a few weeks back and said him and Salisbury get the VAR every week for the big games as the onfield refs like working with them.

No mention of actually being good at the job..

When the injustice happens against lfc or utd it becomes a thing.

Really annoys me that. It's almost like only if your fanbase is massive will things get addressed.

Absolute scandalous though from VAR on the disallowed goal.

The rest was just the unfortunate shit we've ALL been putting up work for years whilst lfc haven't.
Join the fucking club lfc.

Something very odd is happening to VAR this season. Normally VAR helps out the rags and dippers 100%.

This season the rags have been helped but have had ( I think ) two penalties not given to them when in the pass it would have been. I think the dippers have been helped as well, than you get yesterday. Aka goal stood v Fulham when I was 100% certain it would be ruled out.

VAR seems to be worse than ever now something needs doing asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.