VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look, if that was us on the end of that we'd be livid. There's a massive hypocrisy here as they brnefitted more from VAR than not.

However the fact is they were robbed of a result and by the looks of how they are playing could be a massive 3 points in the title race. What this will do is put more scrutiny on how games are officiated and it's a needed action. I only wish we had the spine to go nuclear like Liverpool had. It's clear as day to anyone who watches City that we are reffed differently to the other top teams.

While i agree in theory, it is hypocrisy of the highest order that they are now bleating in the press about an incorrect decision when so many have gone in their favour ever since var came to fruition that they are known as LiVARpool, im all for getting it right but you cannot go well its swings and roundabouts when its going in your favour and then threaten to sue when it doesnt, i hope they take this further i really do and then it can show how many decisions have incorrectly gone in their favour, they are doing themselves no favours whatsoever here
With all due respect I believe you are conflating two different issues. Liverpools clear hypocrisy with the need
for a complete overall of VAR and probably the way the PL is refereed.

The fact that it is one of the history clubs complaining is even better, it means the powers that be are less likely to ignore their complaints.

I hope other clubs including City now speak up , as the standard of refereeing and the secrecy and unacounbtability of the PGMOL isn't acceptable.

Look, if that was us on the end of that we'd be livid. There's a massive hypocrisy here as they brnefitted more from VAR than not.

However the fact is they were robbed of a result and by the looks of how they are playing could be a massive 3 points in the title race. What this will do is put more scrutiny on how games are officiated and it's a needed action. I only wish we had the spine to go nuclear like Liverpool had. It's clear as day to anyone who watches City that we are reffed differently to the other top teams.
Spot on. It was a fucking disgraceful decision regardless of who you support. Not just disgraceful but utterly unfathomable that they couldn't arrive at the correct decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.