VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SSN have just confirmed that Livarpool have now got the audio.
How long will they 'leak it' to the cult and how long before death threats are issued to the officials involved and probably those not involved. The irony is that if the shot had been saved and gone from a corner we would have had none of this nonsense so maybe Diaz should be blamed for scoring.

If the tech doesn’t work why is that better than allowing the sport to continue in the way it has for 150 yrs?

Worse than that, the authorities say the tech is perfect. The calls are black and white. This is deceitful and wrong. The tech will get better of course, but the offside tech now isn’t accurate enough to be reliable
Except it works in the CL so why do the FA reject the semi auto offside?

SSN have just confirmed that Livarpool have now got the audio.
I hope this is not them receiving 'special treatment'.

I like to think that we asked for the audio after the Rag's game at the swamp, and I'd be interested to know if that was the case and what the answer was.

If it was true and the PiGMOL told us to piss off then that's another huge can of worms.

The plot thickens.

It’s not accurate at present. So you then have a choice: take the inaccurate tech (which you are told is accurate) and all that comes with it (delayed goal celebrations, etc) or go back to the human system until the tech improves (which it will). Your opinion may be different to mine but I’d go for the latter

The automated system they used in the World Cup and CL with the mannequin figures seemed fine to me. And if its 0.01% inaccurate then I'll accept that over the current farce. They could even do an 'umpires call' on decisions that come into that tolerance of error. I like the idea of AI doing it. Removes that human element and any chance of corruption.

The automated system they used in the World Cup and CL with the mannequin figures seemed fine to me. And if its 0.01% inaccurate then I'll accept that over the current farce. They could even do an 'umpires call' on decisions that come into that tolerance of error. I like the idea of AI doing it. Removes that human element and any chance of corruption.
I have a load of questions on the accuracy of the SAOT and how accurate it is when it comes to "toenail" calls. Don't be fooled by the graphics, it's just created from information which isn't 1mm precise in my eyes. May be wrong of course, but will raise the issues if we ever get shafted.

VAR was solely designed to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd, a fair few actually believed that.
Not sure I see your point. VAR wanted the goal to stand but miscommunicated. So what are you trying to say? That VAR trying to award Liverpool a goal but fucking it up somehow proves that VAR hasn't benefited Liverpool? It's funny as fuck but I really don't see your point.

Not sure I see your point. VAR wanted the goal to stand but miscommunicated. So what are you trying to say? That VAR trying to award Liverpool a goal but fucking it up somehow proves that VAR hasn't benefited Liverpool? It's funny as fuck but I really don't see your point.

Point is VAR/officials and refs in the whole history of football get major decisions wrong for all clubs… when VAR was introduced all I debated was that it was bought in solely to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd. No one else. Which was laughable, now them two clubs cry corruption everytime something goes against them, same for every club.

I don’t mind the outcry to improve VAR in all honesty, so many areas of the game have improved because of the level of scrutiny from fans - so that’s a positive, it’s great that going forward there is always a opportunity to improve the system. Will never be perfect and get the odd howler. I can accept that, even if it’s against my team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.