VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Point is VAR/officials and refs in the whole history of football get major decisions wrong for all clubs… when VAR was introduced all I debated was that it was bought in solely to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd. No one else. Which was laughable, now them two clubs cry corruption everytime something goes against them, same for every club.

I don’t mind the outcry to improve VAR in all honesty, so many areas of the game have improved because of the level of scrutiny from fans - so that’s a positive, it’s great that going forward there is always a opportunity to improve the system. Will never be perfect and get the odd howler. I can accept that, even if it’s against my team.
What area of the game has var improved r Mark?

VAR was solely designed to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd, a fair few actually believed that.
When Richard Sctudamore let slip in August 2016 that the PL had a 'strategic plan' to put a new name on the trophy every few years it was pre-VAR, which came in 2019-20. Curiously, that was the same season Livepool won their first title in 30 years.

Probably just coincidence.

Don't know if previously posted but we do seem to live rent free in their heads;-)
They even quote a game from last century!
Screenshot_20231003_164529_Facebook.jpgView attachment 95010]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231003_173548_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231003_173548_Facebook.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20231003_173548_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231003_173548_Facebook.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 15
VAR is a complete shit show as highlighted at the weekend, feel sorry for Brighton on Saturday because be under no doubt the powers that be will be levelling up when they play Liverpool

What area of the game has var improved r Mark?

Offsides - far more are correctly given nowadays than prior VAR , in fact it highlights just how wrong linesman get it wrong so often (still get the odd howler)

Red card incidences - still a matter of judgement most of time, but now a ref can hear from officials seeing the challenge from all angles and also have a look on the screen himself (still get the odd howler)

Clear diving for penalty - can’t recall a no contact clear dive this season being awarded a penalty- felt a weekly basis prior VAR with Salah, Kane, Ronaldo and co

Ball over line decisions - much more clarity with video tech

Excitement- now this one I concede is very much debatable, but I find watching games nowadays quite more exciting with VAR introduced- can also celebrate twice!

Sure there’s many more and there’s no excuses for VAR when it gets it completely wrong.

VAR is a complete shit show as highlighted at the weekend, feel sorry for Brighton on Saturday because be under no doubt the powers that be will be levelling up when they play Liverpool
Not sure, think they'll now have to be AS vigilant they're not favouring Dipperland.

Don't know if previously posted but we do seem to live rent free in their heads;-)
They even quote a game from last century!
View attachment 95011View attachment 95010]
I'm all for a Spurs v Dippers replay but not until we have a replay for the game where Milner was involved by playing one of ours onside but given offside! In fact, there are so many mistakes littering the game since Agueroooooooooooooo finished off the Rags we wouldn't need new fixtures for the next five seasons. We could replay all the ones where PiGMOL have had to apologise for blatant errors.

Offsides - far more are correctly given nowadays than prior VAR , in fact it highlights just how wrong linesman get it wrong so often (still get the odd howler)

Red card incidences - still a matter of judgement most of time, but now a ref can hear from officials seeing the challenge from all angles and also have a look on the screen himself (still get the odd howler)

Clear diving for penalty - can’t recall a no contact clear dive this season being awarded a penalty- felt a weekly basis prior VAR with Salah, Kane, Ronaldo and co

Ball over line decisions - much more clarity with video tech

Excitement- now this one I concede is very much debatable, but I find watching games nowadays quite more exciting with VAR introduced- can also celebrate twice!

Sure there’s many more and there’s no excuses for VAR when it gets it completely wrong.
Can concede most of your points (indeed without VAR, none of this controversy re Saturday would have occurred,) pre VAR on field decision was offside, and that would have stood, however excitement is NOT debatable. Previously if the lino wasn't flagging you could celebrate a goal. Now , no point in celebrating until opposition kick off . i think most honest people would say when we score (hopefully they can't find anything wrong), that not excitement , its as worrying as a penalty,, and if the goal is given, that's not joy, its relief.
That part of the game, for a match going fan has gone, probably forever !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.