VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Point is VAR/officials and refs in the whole history of football get major decisions wrong for all clubs… when VAR was introduced all I debated was that it was bought in solely to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd. No one else. Which was laughable, now them two clubs cry corruption everytime something goes against them, same for every club.

I don’t mind the outcry to improve VAR in all honesty, so many areas of the game have improved because of the level of scrutiny from fans - so that’s a positive, it’s great that going forward there is always a opportunity to improve the system. Will never be perfect and get the odd howler. I can accept that, even if it’s against my team.

This is all a bit tedious so I will shut up after this:

You are confusing two things. First, the question as to whether Liverpool and United have benefited most from the introduction of VAR. I doubt anyone thinks it has been introduced solely for their benefit. People just feel they have benefited most, some strongly. And second, the fact that Liverpool and United, like all other clubs, complain like hell when they think a call has gone against them. They aren't mutually exclusive. Both can be true.

Now I think about it, the only reason I can think of as to why Liverpool have gone so overboard on this off-side call, is that it didn't comply with the service level agreement they signed with PGMOL on introduction and they want compensation. :) So maybe your first point was right .....

SSN have just confirmed that Livarpool have now got the audio.
Got to give it to livarpool and their lakkeys in the media they can get those in charge to shit their pants. Any other club, well may be not other red tops, would be told to feck off which goes to show Webb does not have a backbone and is just like the scouse police backing down when livarpool are involved in any sort of shenanigans.

any big VAR decision going against us next time we do need to demand audio to be released.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.