VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Offsides - far more are correctly given nowadays than prior VAR , in fact it highlights just how wrong linesman get it wrong so often (still get the odd howler)

Red card incidences - still a matter of judgement most of time, but now a ref can hear from officials seeing the challenge from all angles and also have a look on the screen himself (still get the odd howler)

Clear diving for penalty - can’t recall a no contact clear dive this season being awarded a penalty- felt a weekly basis prior VAR with Salah, Kane, Ronaldo and co

Ball over line decisions - much more clarity with video tech

Excitement- now this one I concede is very much debatable, but I find watching games nowadays quite more exciting with VAR introduced- can also celebrate twice!

Sure there’s many more and there’s no excuses for VAR when it gets it completely wrong.
I totally disagree. It's been shambolic for the game. It was meant to clear up obvious errors and that's it.

Offsides - can be manipulated by the drawing of the lines or by choosing the frame where the ball leaves the foot

Red cards - slowing down or freeze framing often makes a tackle look worse than it was and they wouldn't be give if only seen at real speed.

Clear dive for a penalty - should always have been a straight red, it would have disappeared from the game immediately. VAR hasn't helped there.

Ball over the line - goal line technology is fine
VAR is hardly ever used for the touchlines or goal lines. When it has been used it's been controversial remember the world cup incident.

Excitement - it might add something for the TV fan but for match going fans you can't celebrate a goal until the kick off, stopping any spontinaity.

Fuck VAR

Now that that fuck up has been cleared up. Can we have the audio for why Rashford was allowed to cheat against us now?
If we'd have said the decision brought the integrity of the sport into question, threatened further action and demanded the audio recording we'd probably have been given a points deduction.

"Are you happy with this?"

"Offside, goal, yeah"

Fucking abysmal communication. Sack the cunts.

I don't think they come out of it that badly.

What you do see is that the mistake was spotted by the assistant as soon as the game restarted, but it shows how fast they're having to do things, because by the time they've literally exchanged a couple of sentences, the ball has been down one end and up the other and out for a throw.

It's clear that it's a fuck up, and I assume the protocol will change, so that it's no longer an ambiguous "check complete", but frankly you can see how it happened.

If we'd have said the decision brought the integrity of the sport into question, threatened further action and demanded the audio recording we'd probably have been given a points deduction.
Oh definitely.

The media will be putting a Justice for dippers spin on what sounds like someone not listening and making a cock up.

We've all fucked up on our jobs at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.