VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I took from that is how chaotic and rushed it is. It was all over the show, too many people talking and far too rushed. No wonder it’s a fuck up.
That was a dream compared to the Akanji one, where they seemed to be shouting over the top of each other in a right panic.

VAR need to be using clear concise language when communicating, almost akin to air traffic control rooms. Not having a ‘conversation’ something like
We say Offside
We say Onside
We say Handball
We say Red card

That was a dream compared to the Akanji one, where they seemed to be shouting over the top of each other in a right panic.
They are under so pressure to make a quick decision that they all just talk over each other and rush to a decision. Recipe for disaster.

VAR need to be using clear concise language when communicating, almost akin to air traffic control rooms. Not having a ‘conversation’ something like
We say Offside
We say Onside
We say Handball
We say Red card
I agree.

Listening to refs when their altogether it sounds like a group of Ladz in a bar.

Simple question like; "What was the onfield decision?" would have saved a lot of stress. Although the candle industry profits would have suffered.

I don't think they come out of it that badly.

What you do see is that the mistake was spotted by the assistant as soon as the game restarted, but it shows how fast they're having to do things, because by the time they've literally exchanged a couple of sentences, the ball has been down one end and up the other and out for a throw.

It's clear that it's a fuck up, and I assume the protocol will change, so that it's no longer an ambiguous "check complete", but frankly you can see how it happened.

Well said.
It was a screw up. No sign of ‘agenda’ and corruption etc

They just need to tweak that rule that even after kick off they can go back to correct a decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.