VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It should be a tool to assist not to micro manage.

Offside was never designed to be scrutinised this in depth a tight decision, it was designed to stop a forward goal hanging unless a player is half a yard off or more it really shouldn't even be reviewed but left as an on field decision rightly or wrongly

What if it’s half a yard minus an inch?

It refutes that VAR is only a problem in PL
You choose a 3 division German league to prove your point?!!!!

NO, it has worked well in the champions league for 3 years, 2 Euro finals, 2 World cup finals, Ligue 1, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Eredivisie! It is our officials and the way they choose to operate it that is the problem!!

You choose a 3 division German league to prove your point?!!!!

NO, it has worked well in the champions league for 3 years, 2 Euro finals, 2 World cup finals, Ligue 1, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Eredivisie! It is our officials and the way they choose to operate it that is the problem!!

Unless you’re some kind of football freak, who does nothing but watch football, how on earth could you even know most of that?

Controversial decisions in Europe will get virtually zero press in England. I described a hugely controversial VAR fuck up in the Bundesliga earlier in this thread, that happened only last month, that got next to no publicity in this country.

Numerous people claiming how well it’s worked in the World Cup have short memories also. The ending of the France, Tunisia game was an absolute VAR shit show, almost on a par with the Liverpool farce last week. In fact, you could make a case it was worse. As they actually broke protocol.

I think the vast majority of football fans were originally in favour of VAR, essentially because we believed that it would reduce the number of mistakes.
From a City perspective, we'd suffered a few injustices, and many blues quoted the non-penalty for the lunge on Aguero by Ashley Young.

Five years later, I'm still not convinced that VAR would have corrected the referee's clear-and-obvious error. I simply believe that some VAR Officials would have given it, and some wouldn't.

In other words nothing has changed.

However, regardless of Liverpool's reaction, it's probably the one subject that unites all football fans. We all fell for the marketing and didn't read the small print.
I didn't and I'm mot sure the majority of football supporters wanted it either. It was always gonna be shit.

Do you remember when you celebrated a goal without wondering if the keeper had taken a goal kick with a rolling ball and thus invalidated the goal you celebrated twenty eight minutes later? VAR is detested by the fans. Except the odd busy ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.