VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VAR is overtaking the match officials and the referee, It was never brought into the game for that, its was sold to football just to help the clear and obvious mistakes, Now every little thing is being reviewed and it can not keep going on like this, Something got to give ? VAR over the match officials will be the big talking point with the Premier League clubs, Clearly it's taking something away from our beautiful game

VAR is overtaking the match officials and the referee, It was never brought into the game for that, its was sold to football just to help the clear and obvious mistakes, Now every little thing is being reviewed and it can not keep going on like this, Something got to give ? VAR over the match officials will be the big talking point with the Premier League clubs, Clearly it's taking something away from our beautiful game

absolutely everyone is loving this match

I disagree that it is overtaking refs, the refs and those on VAR are just incompetent.

It' should be difficult to implement VAR incorrectly, but football seems to have found a way.

If it's the ridiculous Liverpool tie which ended 5-1, then that was the season before VAR.
You're probably correct. VAR has had so many controversies and tweaks that it feels like it's been around for much longer. Plus at my age the memory isn't what it was :-)
I do think though that UEFA seem to be making a better job of it than the FA/ PIGMOL.

You're probably correct. VAR has had so many controversies and tweaks that it feels like it's been around for much longer. Plus at my age the memory isn't what it was :-)
I do think though that UEFA seem to be making a better job of it than the FA/ PIGMOL.
The trade off is that subconsciously, referees know that VAR is there to correct obvious errors, which probably makes them less likely to give a decision and let VAR decide.

I’d love VAR to just tell the ref to look at more decisions again, without telling them they have to change their decision.

It shouldn’t be a teacher telling them the ref has got something wrong. Just say this is a 50/50 call, have a look again and give what you think.

Use for offsides only with the virtual one not the current thing. Scrap for everything else. refs should make decisions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.