VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
POstecoglu :

"You have to accept the referee's decision, that is how I grew up," said Postecoglou.

"This constant erosion of the referee's authority is where the game is going - they are not going to have any authority. We are going to be under the control of someone with a TV screen a few miles away.

"The decision is the decision. In 26 years I have had plenty of bad decisions, I have had plenty fall in my favour. It is what it is.

"There will be a forensic study of every decision out there, I think that is the way the game is going and I don't like it. If you look at all that standing around we did today, maybe people enjoy that sort of thing but I'd rather see us playing football."

Thats where we need to be going imo.
Slightly ironic that he got booked for complaining last night then. ;-)

You have to accept the referee's decision, that is how I grew up,

"The decision is the decision. In 26 years I have had plenty of bad decisions, I have had plenty fall in my favour. It is what it is.

As I've mentioned previously, if everyone adopted his attitude to decisions, then fine, i would be more than happy to scrap VAR.

But I know for a fact fans will be in utter rage week in week out on refs decisions when a player is clearly offside or clearly dives with no contact etc.
And they aren't now?
An unexpected consequence of var is the rise of diving and feigning injury.

He’s totally right. Remember when VAR was brought in - the argument seemed to be refs needed tools to help them. This is not where we have ended up
I was genuinely under the impression that VAR would be to help with the once-in-a-blue-moon errors like the wrong Arsenal player being sent off at Stamford Bridge that time or the phantom Stuart Attwell goal given. And the glaring offside errors whereby the linesman has missed a player or something.

How it’s manifested into what it is today, micro-analysing ever minute detail of every goal and causing mass holdups throughout every game, is beyond me.

how about the Romero challenge which the ref missed ? which can't blame him as bodies in way and all at frantic pace.

Should Romero really have just got away with that?
The Romero challenge was not the worst challenge you'll ever see. Your acting like it was gbh. I can see why it was missed as it was the follow through that was the issue. Udogie's was the worst and Havertz challenge also worse than Romero. Anthony's assault on Doku was worse. You continue to try to find ways to support a system that is a parody of itself now and is actaully making the game a farce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.