VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funnily enough I recall 3-4 fouls committed by Manure players which were not spotted by the referee. Casemiro got away with two. Typical Old Trafford bias evident again.
The “whiz bang super starlet” lunge challenge from behind also went without punishment, about a minute after a Wolves player was carded for taking too much time for a throw-in.

Now you are here, what are your thoughts on the Old Trafford Shit-show last night?

Ref should have given it and the officials should have told the ref to have a look. the technology is there, it's a great system, just need officials to get all these big ones correct 100% of the time otherwise it's the usual barrage of 'corruption' cries. Was a penalty, nothing more to add.

It won't be the last awful decision with or without VAR, law of averages will always be 1 or 2 every weekend. a lot more without VAR I would guess.

Ref should have given it and the officials should have told the ref to have a look. the technology is there, it's a great system, just need officials to get all these big ones correct 100% of the time otherwise it's the usual barrage of 'corruption' cries. Was a penalty, nothing more to add.

It won't be the last awful decision with or without VAR, law of averages will always be 1 or 2 every weekend. a lot more without VAR I would guess.
Are you now at the point where you're just copying a pasting replies to people?? Haha! Fuck me you're a funny one, Mark.

and don't call me a 'f*cking wum' all because i'm in favour of having some tech help for Refs.
You are on here straight away when var gets something right but despite posting last night and obviously reading the threads you didnt post on last nights corruption , says everything about you

You are on here straight away when var gets something right but despite posting last night and obviously reading the threads you didnt post on last nights corruption , says everything about you

I knew there would be 10+pages of outrage and cries of corruption and if i dared say anything the likes of you would be calling me a WUM.

but seen as you love to hear from me so much i'll make sure to offer my views on the big ones from now on. Have a nice day.

and don't call me a 'f*cking wum' all because i'm in favour of having some tech help for Refs.
You understand that most people support tech to help the refs, right?

Most of us on here would love to have a real video replay system with the main objective of aiding officials to make the correct decisions so teams are not disadvantaged.

I think the vast majority of football fans around the world want that.

The issue is that the current iteration of VAR (specifically in the PL) is not setup to do that, largely because of the farcical insistence on the “clear and obvious error” threshold, which does not exist in most other major sport leagues around the world, for very good reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.