VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The problem isn't the Var it's the people who operate it, if you're gonna allow goals like jesus after Var scrutiny than people will question it

You can’t blame the VAR for that goal standing. He clearly thought Oliver had made a big mistake and recommended he change it.

He can’t insist he takes his advice.

I don't mind the ref in the Arsenal deciding it wasn't hand ball. Or the ref in our game.

I just want them to take a look on camera themselves and decide. Not the Var guys who seem no better. Let the ref be accountable completely.

Last edited:
According to the Times, PGMOL's solution for next season is for VAR to only intervene when the referee's decision is 'clearly wrong.'

As opposed to the current threshold of a 'clear and obvious error'.

Now I know they have some real geniuses working over at PGMOL, but to my understanding of the English language, that's the same fucking thing.

Either they're stupid, or they think everyone else is. Or both.

Putting language aside, why are they learning the wrong lessons again? Having VAR intervene even less won't make anyone happy. All the arguments against it will still apply, you'll just be making more errors.

According to the Times, PGMOL's solution for next season is for VAR to only intervene when the referee's decision is 'clearly wrong.'

Now I know they have some real geniuses working over at PGMOL, but to my understanding of the English language, that's the same fucking thing.

Putting language aside, why are they learning the wrong lessons again? Having VAR intervene even less won't make anyone happy. All the arguments against it will still apply, you'll just be making more errors.
And who will decide that it is "clearly wrong"? FFS it goes from bad to worse.

Don't engage him he sees no reason and has a hard on for VAR and can't see that the implementation of it is flawed

Half the votes would rather keep VAR or on the fence, so there's plenty it seems that have a 'hard on' for VAR.
Whilst often highlighting the positives of VAR i have also throughout this thread been critical of VAR and sympathies with those who don't want it - so you're chatting shit.

Keeping it is the lesser of two evils for me, and the Soucek handball incident backs it up.
Part of me feels they knew it was handball when it happened but purposely left it for VAR to overturn in order highlight its importance.

No way both the ref and linesman didn't see it or the VAR official immediately call it handball over comms watching it in real-time but it provided a timely spotlight/showcase moment for why we need VAR.

Last edited:

Bang on. Surely someone somewhere in that organisation should be saying this. It must be deliberate as even PGMOL are not that stupid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.