VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably bad language from the players ruining the brand, rather than something overt to hide, would be my guess. Or it could expose officials not knowing the rules properly. Dunno. But it sure is odd
I believe it's something to do with naked mole rat. When he gets angry his voice goes up 10 octaves and any live broadcast of it caught on microphone might burst millions of viewers eardrums.

Just fucking unbelievable stuff in this article.

In a remarkably candid admission, Dean said he made the “pathetic” call at the climax of the 2-2 draw between Tottenham and Chelsea last August.

Cristian Romero pulled Marc Cucurella’s hair seconds before Harry Kane’s 96th minute equaliser, and Dean acknowledged that in the heat of the moment he made a bad choice not to suggest on-field official Taylor consider a sending off offence.

“I missed the stupid hair pull at Chelsea versus Tottenham which was pathetic from my point of view,” Dean told Up Front with Simon Jordan.

“It’s one of them where if I had my time again, what would I do? I’d send Anthony [Taylor] to the screen. I think I knew if I did send him to the screen … he’s cautioned both managers, he’s had a hell of a game, it’s been such a tough game end to end.

“I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game’. I didn’t want to send him up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I think I didn’t want to send him up because I didn’t want any more grief than he already had.

Just fucking unbelievable stuff in this article.

In a remarkably candid admission, Dean said he made the “pathetic” call at the climax of the 2-2 draw between Tottenham and Chelsea last August.

Cristian Romero pulled Marc Cucurella’s hair seconds before Harry Kane’s 96th minute equaliser, and Dean acknowledged that in the heat of the moment he made a bad choice not to suggest on-field official Taylor consider a sending off offence.

“I missed the stupid hair pull at Chelsea versus Tottenham which was pathetic from my point of view,” Dean told Up Front with Simon Jordan.

“It’s one of them where if I had my time again, what would I do? I’d send Anthony [Taylor] to the screen. I think I knew if I did send him to the screen … he’s cautioned both managers, he’s had a hell of a game, it’s been such a tough game end to end.

“I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game’. I didn’t want to send him up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I think I didn’t want to send him up because I didn’t want any more grief than he already had.
Makes you wonder what was said from VAR to deny the Wolves penalty.

Hooper: Mate..It's a penalty but if you give it you're getting killed. Not only by Fergie, but the gaffer is also there trying to stop Fatty Moss eating his scran.

It's a fucking joke. He should be fired for those comments. Basically admitting that he follows the rules selectively depending on the circumstances of the game. That cost Chelsea 2 points. They would have gone up from 12th to 11th with those two points, which is £2.2 million. They should sue him for it.

It’s an utterly bizarre thing to publicly admit.
He’s admitted he was scared to death of anything happening during the match. Surely the whole point of him being sat there. I always suspected VAR was flawed by referees not wanting to undermine their mates and now we know it’s most definitely the case

After that Interview it has to be aired the conversation ...

Basically they won't call certain things to protect each other as they are mates ....

We all knew it , just surprised he said it .......

They need regulating from an independent body ...

Wankers

He clearly doesn't see the problem with saying these things. The immaculate training of an ex-PC shining through.
Didn’t realise he was ex dibble. Explains a lot about his personality . Even if he sent Taylor to the monitor surely Taylor has the bollocks to make his own mind up and not give it just because he’s asked to look again but see for himself and decide

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.