VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How bad was it? I. Never heard that, just that it's something football could learn from.

And does anyone know why Rugby would be allowed to play live audio but football can't? Seems like a reason they're throwing out there to stop them having to do that.
Probably bad language from the players ruining the brand, rather than something overt to hide, would be my guess. Or it could expose officials not knowing the rules properly. Dunno. But it sure is odd

If that's the case why are the vast majority in a certain teams favour. Rashford/Grealish Handball and KDB none penalty in the cup final, Spuds none penalty Martinez foul, None penalty against wolves, dodgy calls in their Liverpool and Arsenal game last season. Its a torrent in a certain teams favour and that's just off the top of my head.

If it was just incompetence it would be spread out evenly amongst all teams....
I did say biases creep in when there's chaos.

The VAR ref and the onfield team have an open line of communication and talk during the game - there was a good video of Jarrett Gillett doing his last A-League game before coming to England and they played the comms live.

Most likely the ref and linesman were 50/50 and the VAR ref said ‘looks like a pen’ from their position so they gave it onfield before reviewing.

If VAR think it’s a possible penalty they ask the ref to go take a look at the first opportunity.

They don’t instruct the ref in real time to give a decision as that goes against what we have always been assured of, only the on-field ref will make the final decision.

It’s bullshit, the game is ran by crooks from bunkers.

If that's the case why are the vast majority in a certain teams favour. Rashford/Grealish Handball and KDB none penalty in the cup final, Spuds none penalty Martinez foul, None penalty against wolves, dodgy calls in their Liverpool and Arsenal game last season. Its a torrent in a certain teams favour and that's just off the top of my head.

If it was just incompetence it would be spread out evenly amongst all teams....

Man U fans/manager are furious they didn’t get awarded a penalty v spurs in their last game.

Here’s a thought…..we are about 3 or 4 years into this VAR experiment and I was wondering….is it not beyond the wit of man or technology for the guys at Pigmol to have started to build a library of video tapes of situations that are similar, such as the fouls BY the goalkeeper on the forward. Then when it happens again they consult their library and say…we gave it a foul then, it’s very similar/ same so we give the same result ! Not rocket science. Another example the Liverpool forward who got fouled on the edge of the box….you look for similar fouls in other games and give the same decision….is that not how to get CONSISTENCY?

Consistency comes from good training and accountability. If they did what you suggest in-game, each decision would take ten minutes. Unless we sack off all the refs and let AI do it.

Hmmmm ........?

What really bugs me with VAR and PGMOL is that after the utd onannanana non penalty against wolves, its generally accepted that utd will now suffer harsher decisions for a period.

That is something iv seen with city when something has gone our way, against a backdrop of outrage, we get decisions against us in the following weeks.

If that is true, then that is clearly PGMOL making in field decisions that are NOT based on the game but on which team are playing.

Quite scandalous if true tbh. And quite a pandoras box.

Remember last season, Chelsea v Spurs, when it ended 2-2. Romero pulled Cucurellas hair just before Kane scored a 96th minute equaliser. Everyone said it was a clear foul and a sending off. Taylor the ref didn't give it and Var didn't intervene....... and now we know why.
Mike Dean on Var that day has now admitted that because Taylor is a mate, he didnt want to 'cause him any grief' by telling him to go to the screen so he ignored it.
Dean has admitted it in an interview with Simon Jordan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.