VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he admits he should have called the ref over to monitor and really regretted that decision and it stuck with him a long time, he admits being in VAR room has got so serious that you can barely talk in between incidences, officials have to be hot on every single incident straight away.
Hence he walked away - it got to tough for him and too pressurised. Doesn’t seem any sign of manipulation or corruption.

It seems so easy to watch everything back in hindsight and yes for the glaring obvious ones they deserve stick, but all that showed to me was that officials still make human error even watching on a monitor- unless we get some AI system that can determine the correct call then unfortunately it’s always going to happen. Still, anything that can assist a ref that misses an incident should always be favoured in my opinion.

You would be perfect for VAR, even when it’s clear what you believe is wrong you won’t change your mind.

As alot of people on here have already said the main problem with var is that its still the same incompetent people just looking from a different angle and until that changes it isnt fit for purpose
It’s not VAR that is the problem but the clique that is PGMOL. It works fine in other sports , but then we knew that all along didn’t we? These wankers are not held accountable for their actions and if a massive bollock is dropped they are kept out of the firing line for a week or so and reinstated quietly shortly after

It’s not VAR that is the problem but the clique that is PGMOL. It works fine in other sports , but then we knew that all along didn’t we? These wankers are not held accountable for their actions and if a massive bollock is dropped they are kept out of the firing line for a week or so and reinstated quietly shortly after
absolutely spot on, its jobs for the boys, pgmol is corrupt as they come, they make an absolute clanger and not only do they not have to come out and explain it, players and managers are fined for questioning them as well.

Back in the day when refs were volunteers that might have been but in this day and age when technology helps them and they are highly paid for doing that job there is no reason that they shouldnt have to explain their actions, every other sport does apart from football and not only that they explain their actions clear and open for all to here

What this incident shows to me is that the system has failed and not fit for purpose. This is only one call, there are far more lost in the background that we will never get to hear about.

So are just forgetting the hundreds of overturned corrected calls ?

Every week we see goals flagged offside only to show that they were in fact onside, same for other decisions in the game where VAR makes the right call.

You would be perfect for VAR, even when it’s clear what you believe is wrong you won’t change your mind.

I like to think I can make the correct decision on every single incident in a matter of seconds like everyone, but ultimately in time I would get it wrong and then be labelled as corrupt etc.

Do think you could have a 5 man VAR panel who have a yes/no verdict and it goes with the majority, not sure if they do something like that already.

I like to think I can make the correct decision on every single incident in a matter of seconds like everyone, but ultimately in time I would get it wrong and then be labelled as corrupt etc.

Do think you could have a 5 man VAR panel who have a yes/no verdict and it goes with the majority, not sure if they do something like that already.

if you make the decisions according to the LOTG rather than who is playing & trying to undermine your decision.

It’s amazing that “didn’t see it” has been replaced by “subjective”.

if you make the decisions according to the LOTG rather than who is playing & trying to undermine your decision.

It’s amazing that “didn’t see it” has been replaced by “subjective”.

but some incidences are really just not black and white that can be found in the LOTG, a lot of decisions come down to interpretation , a heavy challenge can be deemed to excessive by some and not by others. hence pundits that have been in the game all their lives disagree on a weekly basis, same for fans.

Football has probably more grey areas than other sports. Hence the argument VAR works better in other sports doesn't really compare.

Still, we know a few officials on the pitch just leads to blind guesses , rather have officials on a monitor who can also assist the ref - just need them to get everything 100% correct. which isn't going to happen ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.