VAR (PL introduction 2019)

This, VAR is useless when still used by the same biased and corrupt institutions.
The fact that scudamore admitted an 'under performing man united hurts the premier league' will show there will always be bias to them unless their worldwide brand completely deteriorates

I agree AG it gives any biased VR a second chance to apply the version they want.
Absolutely no garentee that the VR will be a totally fair observer in fact could be a technicion who waits for the usual suspects to find a reason to be anti City.

I'm not over-impressed with its use in rugby. There are an increasing number of delays whilst the ref refers decisions.

In the England Australia game they spent about 3 minutes trying decide if a ball had touched the line and was therefore out. In the event, it was still inconclusive and, if the administrators were so minded, they could have decided it either way.

So, without an awful lot more detail, it's a big "no" for me. Far too much scope for "discretion" as to when to use it and what to decide.
That incident in the England Aussie game simply added to the drama for me.

I agree AG it gives any biased VR a second chance to apply the version they want.
Absolutely no garentee that the VR will be a totally fair observer in fact could be a technicion who waits for the usual suspects to find a reason to be anti City.
I seem to have a recollection of the exact scenario you mentioned in serie A. Juve (basically the united of the serie A) had a decision go their way after VAR, despite it being obvious it was the incorrect decision

That incident in the England Aussie game simply added to the drama for me.

I can see that. But, on that occasion, it didn't really provide a definitive answer. If i was an Aussie I'd still be saying it was out. In principle, and subject to very strict rules on what can be reviewed and when and as technology develops, I'm not against it but I fear selectivity in the way it's implemented like the review panel look Iooking at the Lukaku incident.

Mods please move if already a thread.

Saw a shot of the ref checking var in the Arsenal Chelsea game. Couldn’t believe it. Used to rugby var when it is all on the big screen for everybody to see. Great system and adds to the excitement as long as it is not used too often.

it's not in use yet,unless they have been doing it in secret,it has seemed in some of our games the ref has been gettings instructions,against us usually

As long as no one from sky/bt have any input whatsoever then lets give it a go. Diving and feigning injury need to be eradicated and var will help. History tells us though that the Fa will fck up all that they touch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.