VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so confused on the rules right now. The goalscorer was offside from the free kick, (thanks to new technology). But that means sweet fa. The goal was scored about 3-5 touches later? This is so bizarre, I really cannot get my head around it. If you use phases of play it would be the 2nd, if not the 3rd.....

I have decided to spend 5 minutes watching highlights of the goal and I can see nothing that suggest it is an offside goal.

I am so confused on the rules right now. The goalscorer was offside from the free kick, (thanks to new technology). But that means sweet fa. The goal was scored about 3-5 touches later? This is so bizarre, I really cannot get my head around it. If you use phases of play it would be the 2nd, if not the 3rd.....

I have decided to spend 5 minutes watching highlights of the goal and I can see nothing that suggest it is an offside goal.
The guy who assisted (overhead kick) was offside.

ea749465ea4a1b18a3b1d5455fa31029.jpg

This is the best still to show it. A lot of the confusion came from the image from the other side where the guy challenging for the ball was totally obscured by the goalkeeper.

ea749465ea4a1b18a3b1d5455fa31029.jpg

This is the best still to show it. A lot of the confusion came from the image from the other side where the guy challenging for the ball was totally obscured by the goalkeeper.
I have seen it since my comment and the offside call is insane. I don't think VAR would have pick that up previously and the new system has added a dimension to the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.