VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet again Var gets it so wrong. How Brighton did not get a penalty was shocking. How can 2 people in Var not see that blatant penalty.
I’m suprised he didn’t break his leg!
I’m at a loss as to what’s what these days.
Toneys winner looked very tight to me but I didn’t see any silly fucking lines?
I was also suprised they didn’t try and find something wrong with Fodens goal!
I didn’t even celebrate it as I was sure they would go back and find something .
The game is ruined imo and I will give it some serious consideration regarding season card renewal.

I’m suprised he didn’t break his leg!
I’m at a loss as to what’s what these days.
Toneys winner looked very tight to me but I didn’t see any silly fucking lines?
I was also suprised they didn’t try and find something wrong with Fodens goal!
I didn’t even celebrate it as I was sure they would go back and find something .
The game is ruined imo and I will give it some serious consideration regarding season card renewal.
I'm the same.
Only renewed this season cos we signed haaland

Just seen the Brighton v Villa highlights, for the Villa penalty the Villa player quite obviously folded his own legs to initiate the contact so no pen for me, the VAR one that Brighton didn't get is beyond believe as it could well have ended the guy's career ! if VAR doesn't see that then there's no point in having it.

ESPN have done a league table without VAR. Please don’t take it too seriously. It’s a hugely subjective bit of fun of how results might have gone without VAR.

2d751cdd6fbf3089a80ee448af7cbc0f.jpg

If you’re interested in exactly how they worked it out?

The league table without VAR is obviously not reliable at all but it does draw attention to the inescapable truth that VAR is only involved with decisions that are of crucial importance to the outcome of the game and it is obvious that some VAR decisions are highly questionable to say the least. Many decisions appear to be based on the principle that some reason, ANY reason should be found to disallow a goal. I believe thay VAR even examined Phil's goal at length on Saturday! Some decisions appear to be based on the "respect" that must be accorded to the club being examined. Some are just simply wrong for the perverse reason that VAR must support the referee - Villa's penalty on Sunday is a good example. But some decisions must justify the existence of VAR - as when the referee is summoned to the monitor.

VAR in the WC is a shambles.

Slight shirt pull from Stones = penalty.

Maguire and Stones both rugby tackled to the ground = no penalty.

VAR in the WC is a shambles.

Slight shirt pull from Stones = penalty.

Maguire and Stones both rugby tackled to the ground = no penalty.

According to the ESPN VAR expert, who is reviewing every VAR incident in the tournament, he reckons the difference probably was that Maguire also had his arms on the defender and also that he wasn’t in a position to challenge for the ball. Although he was critical of the one given and said the infringement wasn’t major enough to justify the clear and obvious error guideline, in his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.