VAR Vote - On Behalf of City Matters

What does "No" mean for the question "Would you keep VAR in this current form"?
Does it mean "no, don't need VAR at all", or does it mean "No, we keep VAR but don't make it work this way".
The poll is not clear at all.

Keep.
scary how many clear cut goals/offsides etc would had been allowed to stand without VAR. the officials need help.

Must always evolve and find ways to improve whilst acknowledging no form of officiating will ever be 100% perfect.
yeah, we forgot the golden hand of Maradona already, I guess.
People really want to see it again?

Keep.
scary how many clear cut goals/offsides etc would had been allowed to stand without VAR. the officials need help.

Must always evolve and find ways to improve whilst acknowledging no form of officiating will ever be 100% perfect.
I would keep it but not with PGMOL running it.

Would you trust the prisoners to be in charge of running their jail?

When it was first introduced, I thought the technology would stop certain teams being able to influence referees and getting dodgy decisions . Unfortunately at times the people who are in charge do cock it up. Perhaps camera's similar to the ones used in athletics, where results can be determined by a toe nail, and it seems to be acceptable to everyone, should be used.
Checking a goal doesn't bother me at all.l would be gutted if a team was given a goal,only to find out on motd it should've been disallowed. The problem is the nobs officiating it. I thought haaland should've had a few penalties this year, but when you have the likes of Gary effing neville saying, he threw himself to the ground, I think against utd, it puts pressure on them.

I'm still a fan of VAR in concept - in execution, however, in the P/L it's been woeful.

There's zero reason - given the huge amount of money involved - that certain calls in all big leagues in world football - can't be governed automatically and instantly by modern technology/AI. Offsides - boom, alert to the ref to immediately call it so. No bullshit waiting around.

Ball out of touch. Boom... instant, completely accurate calls. And more and more as AI gets better. Tune the AI to enforce fouls as you want - and that same, neutral AI will enforce calls throughout the league.

Currently - though - VAR is a fucking joke.

I was hopeful it may stop rags/dippers getting favourable decisions, like they had for many decades. Our VAR people and referees are still trying to manufacture results though, so it is NO, NO and fuck off from me.

Nothing wrong with VAR
It's the incompetent fools running it that is the problem
I think because of the dreadful way its been used, people forget some of the extremely poor (corrupt) officiating we had before
I hear this argument all the time. Unless you want var to be run by. Algorithimcs then there will always be people running it, and whoever that is will be called a fool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.