Vieira appointed New York City FC head coach

Exactly. Then it need not be a European. There are many S.American and B. American coaches who would have been great choices.

I think all these talk about NYCFC fans being idiots is just the rising arrogance of City fandom.

It reeks of the same type of arrogant self entitlement that theRags embodied for years. The idea that whatever scrap anyone else can get is good enough for them. It's a bit disheartening to read to be fair.

There is a legitimate argument to be had here on whether the hire was good or bad. On the side of ' it is a good hire' lies Paddy's wealth of playing experience and the aura of his clout; however on the 'its a bad hire' side you have legitimate arguments of ' lack of senior coaching experiece', limited to no knowledge of the MLS' E.t.c.

Both sides have legitimate points. So for anyone to boil this down to ' those fans are cunts' smacks of rag like tendency. Which frankly is a byproduct of success. Fans of successful teams tebd to become this way. So its no surprise we are becoming that too. But its still sad to see.

I dont think the fact that fans are calling then cunts is raggish, I think its an observation based on the fact most of their fans are in fact rags, Arsenal or Liverpool fans, who never have a nice thing to say about our club, its just like any fans would do defending their club, its not a sense of entitlement that is associated with those 3 teams, although that is becoming all the more prevalent in the City support now, that is a separate issue.

CFG flagship is MCFC, NYC seem to have trouble grasping that. The MLS is a new league, NYC is a new club, to think any manager with any sort of reputation in world football would choose to go there is arrogance of the highest order. Personally I think NYC are very very lucky to have a world renowned footballer at the helm, one of our ex players Adrian Heath is manager of one of the clubs and he is probably best known at City as being one of our least productive strikers in terms of goals, in the clubs history and has no managerial profile at all. In fact looking down the list of managers, its hardly a who's who of football.

Name Nationality Age Club From Played in MLS
Vacant Chicago Fire
Gregg Berhalter
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 42 Columbus Crew 2014 2009 — 2011
Pablo Mastroeni
United States 39 Colorado Rapids 2014 1998 — 2013
Óscar Pareja
23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png
Colombia 47 FC Dallas 2014 1998 — 2005
Ben Olsen
United States 38 D.C. United 2010 1998 — 2009
Dominic Kinnear
United States 48 San Jose Earthquakes 2014 1996 — 2000
Bruce Arena
United States 64 Los Angeles Galaxy 2008 N/A
Mauro Biello
23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada 43 Montreal Impact 2015 N/A
Jay Heaps
United States 39 New England Revolution 2011 1999 — 2009
Jesse Marsch
United States 42 New York Red Bulls 2015 1996 — 2009
Caleb Porter
United States 40 Portland Timbers 2013 1998 — 2000
Jeff Cassar
United States 41 Real Salt Lake 2014 1996–2001; 2003–2006
Owen Coyle
23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png
Scotland 49 Houston Dynamo 2015 N/A
Sigi Schmid
United States 62 Seattle Sounders FC 2009 N/A
Peter Vermes
United States 48 Sporting Kansas City 2009 1996 — 2002
Greg Vanney
United States 41 Toronto FC 2014 1996–2001; 2005–2008
Carl Robinson
23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png
Wales 39 Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2014 2007 — 2011
Jim Curtin
United States 36 Philadelphia Union 2014 2001-2009
Vacant New York City FC
Adrian Heath
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
England 54 Orlando City SC 2015 N/A

Nobody on that list is fit to lace Vieria's boots in footballing terms, he is on another footballing stratosphere to all of them.

I dont think the fact that fans are calling then cunts is raggish, I think its an observation based on the fact most of their fans are in fact rags, Arsenal or Liverpool fans, who never have a nice thing to say about our club, its just like any fans would do defending their club, its not a sense of entitlement that is associated with those 3 teams, although that is becoming all the more prevalent in the City support now, that is a separate issue.

CFG flagship is MCFC, NYC seem to have trouble grasping that. The MLS is a new league, NYC is a new club, to think any manager with any sort of reputation in world football would choose to go there is arrogance of the highest order. Personally I think NYC are very very lucky to have a world renowned footballer at the helm, one of our ex players Adrian Heath is manager of one of the clubs and he is probably best known at City as being one of our least productive strikers in terms of goals, in the clubs history and has no managerial profile at all. In fact looking down the list of managers, its hardly a who's who of football.
Your first paragraph is correct. It's not going to change anytime soon either. Those NYC fans who have followed their other 'Premier league' clubs will have already hated us for coming along and shitting on their parade, so to see us buy a franchise in the U.S,In their home City no less, must be galling.
They will remain this way so Paddys just gonna have to do his best to win them over. If he does its a tremendous bow to his character.

Yeah he's only got 107 international caps, European Championship and World Cup winners medals, 650 first team appearances in the top European leagues, and 7 League titles, to his name, they clearly can do better.

NYCFC fans really do my fucking head in, they've existed for 1 season, in which they were pretty shit, and they play in a league that is the dumping ground for over the hill former greats, who exactly were they wanting as manager, Carlo Ancelotti?! Sense of perspective is required.

Precisely, they've existed one year and they're acting like fans with some 100 year history entitlement complex. Talking of perspective, if we wanted to be brutally honest - we could say they're just our jizz stain that's landed on the other side of the atlantic.

Ergo, we can do what we want with them.

Last edited:
I'm glad this is highlighting what I always thought.... I couldn't give a fuck about NYCfuckinghowmanylettersFC, melbourneskippybarbiesheilaFC or any other accounting ruse, it serves one function, getting the melting pot of kids we possess first hand experience, they'll either sink or swim.... Sure we can glam it up a little with over the hill superstars but the message is the same...

Why are you and so many other people so damn negative about the CFG project and our sister clubs? I really don't understand!

These are OUR clubs! Man City own these clubs! I bloody love it how we have a City team in the MLS and in the A-League! We are taking over the world and will be the greatest franchise there is!

Least you can do is appreciate it a bit more!!!!

Actually, most NYCFC fans are just NYCfc fans. Perhaps also Knicks, Giants and Yankee fans too. And even for those who are expatriate and fans of other clubs, I doubt that fact has much impact on whether they like or dislike this hire. The general consensus is that this hire wasn't done with a " what's best for NYCFC" in mind. Even folks here admit to that. So why is it so hard to see why NYC fans might not be impressed?

By the way I doubt NYCfc fans were hoping to get a WC coach. Most will argue a coach with MLS history will do. Better yet, some don't even see the point in firing Kries to start with.

Firing a coach after his first season with an expansion team that didn't get its international allotted players (partly due to MCFc getting bullish about holding on to Lampard) and slowing his opportunity to gel with his future teammates. It didn't make much sense during that coach after 1 season .
Then hiring Paddy just highlights that decision as one not being done with the best Interest of NYCfc in mind. And therein lies the problem. And why they are not happy.

Most coaches in the MLS have experience playing in it or joining it. These coaches may not have Paddy's playing Pedigree, but they clearly want to be there, and be successful there.

Say all you want, but Paddy doesn't want to be in the MLS. Funny enough neither does it seem the MLS wants him there. Not to mention his lack of experience.

I think the situation is similar to how some managers are great in the Championship and are poor in the Premiere league. You see a lot of unknowns in MLS doing well because they work well in that system. With Viera being an outsider, you don't know what will happen, but given the parity of that league, he has an equal opportunity to do poorly as he does to succeed. My recommendation to him is to improve the spine of that team, they are very imbalanced right now. Also, their pitch is so narrow, they could use a Samir Nasri to navigate the tight spaces...could work

Also, what is fresh in MLS minds was the abomination that was Chivas USA in Los Angeles. Chivas Guadalajara didn't give two shits about that club. They chopped and changed managers, didn't give them much talent, and thought they could use their same approach to MLS as Liga MX (which they were doing poorly in at the time). Their home attendances ended up being less than half of the next lowest club. So, MLS bought them out. I highly doubt CFG will be that bad, but all the City haters are overflowing with excitement.

Why are you and so many other people so damn negative about the CFG project and our sister clubs? I really don't understand!

These are OUR clubs! Man City own these clubs! I bloody love it how we have a City team in the MLS and in the A-League! We are taking over the world and will be the greatest franchise there is!

Least you can do is appreciate it a bit more!!!!

makes me feel dirty to be honest, like I'm cheating on the Mrs.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.