villa attendance

Re: Villa fans

tbf it's a sign of what the FA cup's become, we've seen it ourselves with the low attendances, it just doesn't have the same pulling power anymore.

mcfcliam said:
Man City ticket update. Moments ago #avfc had sold 1781 of their allocation of over 5,000. Plenty left, but still don't leave it too late
31 minutes ago via web

Pretty shit that.

that is poor, ide like to think we would take atleast 4k if tomorrow was at vile park.

i reckon they will bring bout 2k 1/2

Why did you edit your post?!

Anyway, what I'm saying is that we haven't exactly been ramming the stadium with fans have we?

This one-upmanship gets my goat

People cannot afford to keep going to football matches in the current economic climate with how expensive the tickets/trips are

Well done if you can or if you choose to plough all of your money into one ridiculously overpriced part of life

They haven't got over 5000 tickets.

I got told by one of the stewards they've got 4000 tickets, the same amount as Aris got.

It's a bit odd - apparently they took nearly 5,000 to Sheffield United in the 3rd round. Granted this is a midweek evening game and on the box but I'd have expected them to bring more than 2k-3k when their form has picked up of late and a place in the quarter final is at stake. Perhaps the fact that tickets are now available for them to buy at our place on the night might persuade a fair few more to come.

While I accept that the FA Cup has lost its appeal for one reason or another, I feel this is a match that both City and Villa fans should be prioritising over other games of late (Yes I know league positions are of more importance to both clubs but I'm talking from a one-off cup tie point of view) but it looks like the official gate will be disappointing from both a home and away fans' perspective tomorrow night.

-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:02 pm --

Spiros said:
Why did you edit your post?!

Anyway, what I'm saying is that we haven't exactly been ramming the stadium with fans have we?

This one-upmanship gets my goat

People cannot afford to keep going to football matches in the current economic climate with how expensive the tickets/trips are

Well done if you can or if you choose to plough all of your money into one ridiculously overpriced part of life

I understand your sentiment but my opinion on this is that, league priorities aside, this is an important game for both clubs. As such, I'd expect City fans that can't afford to do all the cup games to have pencilled this in over the Aris game last week and moreso the Notts County replay a few days previous to that (yes I know we had to beat Notts County first for the right to play Villa). Similarly, I'd expect Villa fans that can't afford to get to all of their away games to be more attracted to this game than any run-of-the-mill away league games they have coming up in the near future. The FA Cup may well have lost some of its appeal but tomorrow night still has more appeal than a league game against Fulham (and that's not meant as an insult to Fulham btw - cup games just tend to have more of an edge than league games).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.