Villa boo boys

stu the blue 85 said:
pissedagain said:
so none of you are going to boo daniel sturridge if he turns up on the pitch against us in the chelsea game...yeah right
dunne left city to play 1st team football, DS went for his big pay day

doubt ill boo tbh, the lads just a prat and never gave us any sevice really so not really worth booing

So you admit you'd boo if he had been of any service?

Course you would. Football fans arn't much different you know.

In regards to the dunne and barry transfer 'only difference was the quality of fans' - laughable.

Dunne moved because he had to, for first team football. You're not bothered because ultimatly it was man citys choice as you replaced him with apparantly better players. Barry forced his move, spitting in the face of villa fans who've supported him for years, signing 'barry for england' every week untill he got picked again.

In case noone noticed btw, Barry applauded the holte end at the end, and seeing as the majority of chav mongs had already left by then - there was a massive round of applause for barry from the holte end (I applauded myself).

Barry will always be villa, he said so himself ;)

AVFC1892 said:
Barry forced his move, spitting in the face of villa fans who've supported him for years, signing 'barry for england' every week untill he got picked again.

In case noone noticed btw, Barry applauded the holte end at the end, and seeing as the majority of chav mongs had already left by then - there was a massive round of applause for barry from the holte end (I applauded myself).

Pity then that the majority of your fans didn't give him a decent reception then ?

He was one of your best players last year, he deserved better simple as that. I hope he is always Villa, but after the crap he got last night he may change his tune. I'm glad he applauded those who applauded him, but I wouldn't expect anything less from him. He's one of the few "nice" footballers, who don't court controversy. What your fans don't like was that he was ambitious, and he couldn't see what he wanted coming to Villa, ultimately we might not get there either, but we are better placed right now than Villa, and it hurts you.

I think there has been a real misunderstanding of why Barry got booed yesterday.

It's not because he left Villa, we've known for over a season that he was going to go. It was the way he went and the way he handled himself. He made such a big song and dance about Champions league football and then turned down the opportunity to go to Liverpool (that deal was still on the table) to come to yourselves.

I'm sure the opportunity to be part of something from the beginning was appealing but it made him lose any respect that a lot of villa fans had for him. I'm sure he knew the reception he would get when he left.

Anyhow it is what it is. He will be a valuable player for you guys this season and if we are not in the mix for 4th place then I hope you succeed in displacing either Arsenal or Liverpool.

AVFC1892 said:

Yeah, that was before the majority of your fans booed him. Morons.

Never used to mind Villa, infact I've gone back to Villa Park more than I've returned to any other ground, but after last night I've totally changed my mind. Whatever your reasons, there was no excuse to continually boo the lad. If you insist on showing him your disapproval on how he handled things, fine, boo the first time the ball is played to him, but don't do it throughout the full 90 mins. To say it was pathetic is an understatement.

Jod, I don't think we do misunderstand. I know that I can understand how many Villa fans feel, but it still gets away from the fact he gave you great service, including being one of your best players last season, but while I'm sure the money was a huge incentive, the fact he was sold a package of where we were going, and that he thought Liverpool might be the team to miss out, maybe the package City sold him sounded more plausible, and therefore we matched his ambition better ? We may have done bugger all since the 70's, but we are surely heading towards the top.

At the end of the day I don't think many of us really cared that much how you treated him, we were still going to treat Dunne well anyway, but the bottom line is that both players, gave both clubs great loyal service, and lets face it you got bloody good money for him too.

I'm hoping that the top 4 consists of a couple of new teams come May, because its about time, and this year looks like the best chance ever of that happening, with us, you, spurs and everton all in with a shout, how good would it be to have a complete new top 4 ? It looks like being a really competitive season though and those normal 4 are going to be bricking it in case they don't get their usual cash cow come May, I suspect there will be some budget re-writing in their boardrooms just in case, and thars no bad thing.

We have had our players bood at every ground now as soon as they start up we should drown them out with massive crowd applause and chants esspecially away

Arsenal have done it
Rags have done it
now Villa

They are targeting us cos of the widespread jelousy of our new success, get behind our boys and boo them.

blue_bird said:
AVFC1892 said:

Yeah, that was before the majority of your fans booed him. Morons.

Never used to mind Villa, infact I've gone back to Villa Park more than I've returned to any other ground, but after last night I've totally changed my mind. Whatever your reasons, there was no excuse to continually boo the lad. If you insist on showing him your disapproval on how he handled things, fine, boo the first time the ball is played to him, but don't do it throughout the full 90 mins. To say it was pathetic is an understatement.

No, a minority of 'morons' booed him.

I can't really be bothered to explain again, but at the end Barry meekly went to applaud the holte end, and got a massive round of applause from around the ground.

It's pantomine stuff, a few real idiots apart, and Barry knows this.

By next year, he'll get the david james treatment, respectful applause at the start of the game. If you want to see real hatred for a player, look how we treated Yorke. Barry was a nice reception compared to that. He'll get over it.

Villa did us a favour. That treatment will be sure to help him embrace his new club and fans even more and leave the old allegiance behind.

Balti said:
Villa did us a favour. That treatment will be sure to help him embrace his new club and fans even more and leave the old allegiance behind.

He's one of the most professional players playing right now, I doubt it affected him anyway.

As I say, good luck to Barry and City. Now this game is over and done with, the whole matter is behind us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.