Villa boo boys

johnmc said:
Funny how people are calling Sturridge a money grabber but defending Barry

That's what being a football fan is tbh.

From a neutral view, sturridge moved to better himself.

AVFC1892 said:
johnmc said:
Funny how people are calling Sturridge a money grabber but defending Barry

Sturridge was offered 30k to stay here but moved for 60k at Chelsea.

You offered Barry double to stay which would have took him to 80k, he get's 90k here 5 k after tax more, so where do your fans get he 'moved for the money' from?

Shooter 83 said:
Sturridge was offered 30k to stay here but moved for 60k at Chelsea.

You offered Barry double to stay which would have took him to 80k, he get's 90k here 5 k after tax more, so where do your fans get he 'moved for the money' from?

Can i ask how you have the contract details of players from City, Villa and Chelsea or are you guessing?

johnmc said:
AVFC1892 said:

As did Barry

That's possibly true.

I don't see how you can view sturridge moving to chelsea as anything other than a step up.

They're the 2nd best (possibly the best) team in the country right now.

I can't be bothered arguing about Barry, we exhausted it over the summer. As far as I'm aware though, most decent villa fans (the silent majority) still respect Barry, I think that's important before City fans start labelling all villa fans pathetic or stupid or classless.

read my above post wishing barry well.

Nothing to get excited about, can't really post it on here, it's pretty much Common knowledge anyway.

Played loads of games at Chelsea hasn't he?

Good luck to Sturridge though-he'll probably get a chance now Chelsea can't buy anyone else for a while...

ManCityX said:
somervillain said:
Eh, give them a break. It's not about Barry. It's about them facing facts and not enjoying it. If you'd gone to all that effort to do things "the right way" and build a side capable of challenging for a Champions League spot, only to have it all go up in smoke the final couple of months of the season, you'd be disappointed, too. Now City come along and now not only are Villa weakened thanks to City taking their best player, but now suddenly there's someone else ahead of them in the Premier League pecking order. You'd be bitter, too, if you were a Villa fan.

The right way? Villa got a cash injection from a yank and then used his money to buy players like Young for huge money (for clubs like Watford the fees were massive) from smaller clubs. Oh and let's not forget that this summer Villa payed near £10 million for a young player playing in the third tier of English football. Don't forget that Villa were shite under O'Leary and with Ellis being skint were just as mediocre as us, so to say Lerner's money hasn't had a huge impact there would be insane. They didn't challenge for 4th place last season because they won a few league titles in the 1800's that's for sure!

Now, sheikh mansour comes along and Villa don't feel so rich anymore. City can take their best player just like how Villa took Watfords best player.

We were hard done by, Villa took our best player, three times player of the year, before his "off season" last year LOL. Tit for Tat if you ask me, Dunney was seduced by their plan for global domination, and being challenged by "Inferior competition", also Toure's command of the English language is far superior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.