Villa Fans Want Well Over £20mill + Ireland For Milner.....

zapbranny said:
Villa fan here.

Wanted to point a few things out which make the £20M offer pretty irrelevant, even if that probably is his market worth.

Milner wasn't exactly cheap, Villa paid £12m for him from Newcastle after being after him for nearly two seasons. Is £8M quid great profit on someone with a promising future?

He has two years left on his contract, so its not as if he is on a freeany time soon.

He is still only 24 depsite being around forever and is English (new homegrown rule).

Has just played his first season in centre mid, might improve. He is going to the World Cup, if he has a good tournament he could be worth even more, hence why a lot of teams don't sell before.

One of the reasons he wanted to come to Villa was stability, it was only here he started and finished a season with the same manager. Would he get that at City? Do you think Mancini will be in charge at the end of next season?

He is different to most footballers, doesn't drink or go to trendy hotspots, not particulalry flashy, he didn't have an agent (not sure if he still doesn't) and used to get the PFA to assist him. Not sure the Wealth that City have is a huge attraction for a guy like him.

Is more likely to prefer an established Champ League team like Utd or Chelsea, with both supposedly interested.

Has huge respect for O'neil, he has brought him on and got him into the England side and has been good for his career. New manager would be more uncertain.

Known to get on with his team mates in a young Villa side.

As you can see all these factors add up to £20M not really worth a great deal.

Reasons why they would sell.

a) A Big offer, maybe around the £30M mark (after all City have made a rod for their own back playing £24M for Lescott).
b) O'Neil thinks that Fabian Delph is ready to step up (got the attributes to be better than Milner)
c) Milner kicks up a fuss (unlikely for his character).

There you are thats my perspective on it and I definately would have predicted the £20M bid being turned down. What do you think?

Because SSN and the red tops reported that price? The price has never been comfirmed, and its well known the above media always add on around £5m onto every player we sign.

citizenblue said:
Just found this on a Villa forum and PMSL.....

"Act quick Randy and Martin, tell them where to stick that poultry sum of money for one of the World’s leading young talents."

Are we paying in chicken drumsticks now? Or is Bernard Matthews Milner's agent?

No fowl language please...:)

Don't see the problem myself. Pay us what we want. Whether that is £ 30 or £ 50 mill. If not, find yourself somebody else.

zapbranny said:
Villa fan here.

Wanted to point a few things out which make the £20M offer pretty irrelevant, even if that probably is his market worth.

Milner wasn't exactly cheap, Villa paid £12m for him from Newcastle after being after him for nearly two seasons. Is £8M quid great profit on someone with a promising future?

He has two years left on his contract, so its not as if he is on a freeany time soon.

He is still only 24 depsite being around forever and is English (new homegrown rule).

Has just played his first season in centre mid, might improve. He is going to the World Cup, if he has a good tournament he could be worth even more, hence why a lot of teams don't sell before.

One of the reasons he wanted to come to Villa was stability, it was only here he started and finished a season with the same manager. Would he get that at City? Do you think Mancini will be in charge at the end of next season?

He is different to most footballers, doesn't drink or go to trendy hotspots, not particulalry flashy, he didn't have an agent (not sure if he still doesn't) and used to get the PFA to assist him. Not sure the Wealth that City have is a huge attraction for a guy like him.

Is more likely to prefer an established Champ League team like Utd or Chelsea, with both supposedly interested.

Has huge respect for O'neil, he has brought him on and got him into the England side and has been good for his career. New manager would be more uncertain.

As you can see all these factors add up to £20M not really worth a great deal.

Reasons why they would sell.

a) A Big offer, maybe around the £30M mark (after all City have made a rod for their own back playing £24M for Lescott).
b) O'Neil thinks that Fabian Delph is ready to step up (got the attributes to be better than Milner)
c) Milner kicks up a fuss (unlikely for his character).

There you are thats my perspective on it and I definately would have predicted the £20M bid being turned down. What do you think?

And we,ve just bought (jan) Adam Johnson for 6 mill...are you really telling us that James is worth 20 million more.....ah doont fink soo.

ono said:
avoidconfusion said:
No, you're not the only one. He is not even worth 20m. I would not mind him for 15m but he is not worth more, cue the comments about how money does not matter.

We have to stop throwing money around this kind of silly money for good (but not great) players.
I agree, there's no doubt he's a good player, but if anyone thinks he's the next Gerrard or Lampard, then they are sadly deluding themselves.

We have always agreed that midfield is the problem area and is James Milner going to come in straight away and sort that problem? Not entirely but when you look at Frank Lampard and his early career even at Chelsea he was never a great goalscorer but what he did show is that he was capable of getting forward and scoring goals every now and then and Milner this season has shown that he's capable of doing that. Lampard moved to Chelsea took a couple of years to get going and then took off like no-one could have imagined, can Milner do the same? Quite possibily because like Lampard at the age of 24 he'd shown he has goals in his game without really getting an outstanding amount, i feel at a better club he could grow as a player and as a goalscorer

Bart said:
Then don't buy him.

Lets wait and see what James milner thinks eh !! when he sees who else we are bringing in it could may well turn his head..

Makes me laugh..we offer 20 million for milner its not enough yet most papers value stevie Ireland at 8 million..

yeah right...

Bart said:
Don't see the problem myself. Pay us what we want. Whether that is £ 30 or £ 50 mill. If not, find yourself somebody else.

Ultimately that is what will happen of course, as with every other transfer, assuming Milner is even remotely interested in the move.

Personally not too bothered whether we get him or not. He's good but not that good.

samharris said:
Bart said:
Then don't buy him.

Lets wait and see what James milner thinks eh !! when he sees who else we are bringing in it could may well turn his head..

yeah right...

He and Martin has a great relationship, so I'm not remotely worried. You have to remember he was the one he took Milner from up north, gave him his CM birth and pushed him to where he is now.

Anyway, if Milner where to leave I think it's quite obvious he will hook up with Fergie instead of you lot.

zapbranny said:
Villa fan here. Wanted to point a few things out which make the £20M offer pretty irrelevant, even if that probably is his market worth.

You are well within your rights to ask for what you want and I would say that his value exceeds that of £20m.

What I do find mildly amusing is your fans anger at us having a wealthy owner and the moral outrage about money in the game. Let’s get this right, your club is bankrolled too. It’s just that our owner has more loose-change than Lerner has in his savings account.

I bet his favourite programme is Little House on the Prairie, and his hobbies include helping grannies cross the road. You don’t know him, you are going by an image.

We are heading in the right direction. I would have thought that footballers will look at where the club is now and where it will be over the length of contract. I would think that we have as bright a future as Chelsea and United IF we get things right.

Out of interest, do you think United and Chelsea have a more stable future than we have?

Once you remove Dunne, Friedal, Carew and Heskey…

Less of the digs about over-paying. You have overpaid for players on many occasions. How are Zat Knight and Curtis Davies getting on? Boloban (sp?) ? LOL

When has Delph displayed these attributes in the top flight (i.e. not in the 3rd Division while at Leeds or with a reserve team)? Delph hasn’t impressed me at all. There are question marks over him ever succeeding in the PL. He won’t be a top player. Generally, top players look very good even at that age.

Maybe Milner wants to play for a team that plays football. It must be boring for him watching the ball fly over his head so often

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.