Villa (H) Post Match Thread

Don’t know why some are even discussing the first goal in a negative vein, it was a goal, plain and fuckin simple, we were the better team and deserved to win ... Happy fuckin days, about time we got these correct decisions..
The other good news is it’s fuckin with the heads of the haters big time... :-)!
Ah, but it was OUR goal, and there's the rub. Nothing sticks in the fuckin' craw of the RDAHMeedya than a City goal that looks to be taking the points.

I listened to that rant about the first goal and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. The offside rule was explained to him and he still wouldn’t let it go. He made an even bigger dick of himself than he did in the pregame talking about Kev. He is a complete tool.
Yep he’s had a shocker today. If he had any insight he’d be embarrassed tomorrow.

It’s not Rodri’s fault at all.

But Mings should be fully entitled to turn towards his own goal without interference from an offside player.

The moment Rodri prevents Mings from doing so he is interfering with play.

How can you still be so wrong?

Mings never got interfered with by an offside player.

No one interferes with Mings as he chests the ball down. At that point, no one on the pitch is offside.

But Mings should be fully entitled to turn towards his own goal without interference from an offside player.

This sentence makes no sense whatsoever. If you turn towards goal, no one is offside. They can't be offside, because you can only be offside from a team mate's pass. As soon as you turn towards goal, it's not a pass from a team mate, so Rodri can't be offside.

I haven't the time or inclination to compare the events.
But for the record when a professional takes part in a professional game it's his or her duty to learn the laws. No use bleating when it suits them.
I dont know if this law has changed recently or been in place for years there is really no excuse for the players.
For what it's worth I would prefer it if the concept of offside was applied only to receiving the ball or being involved in play.

I fully agree with the last point and I think the definition of being involved with play is the grey area.

If Rodri challenged Mings before he chested the ball, it would have been offside.

I seem to be in a minority here but I think running towards the ball from an offside position also constitutes interfering with play.

How strong is our Phil now ?

Sure he is an exceptional talent, one of best players, destined for greatness.

I have seen him out muscling some big powerful opposition players lately.

You think back to the young lad who was knocked off the Ball.

Them days are gone.

He is is going to be the backbone of the England team one day.
Couldn't believe it when Traore bounced of him!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.