Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

the talisman said:
Am I missing some kind of in joke on here? Are people seriously suggesting that we can't win the league after 6 games?

Well, looking at our points per game so far, er, yes

I just hope aguero was actually unfit to play today and it wasn't just pelles resting him . If that's the case, he dropped a bollock there . Should have started with navas as well IMO and even gave Richards a run out !.

the talisman said:
jimharri said:
the talisman said:
Am I missing some kind of in joke on here? Are people seriously suggesting that we can't win the league after 6 games?
If we don't drastically improve our away form (and it's hard to see how that improvement will come about), then I'm prepared to stick my head above the wall and say no; we've got very little chance of winning the title. Clear enough?

Crystal clear thanks, and completely ridiculous.
In your opinion.

black mamba said:
jimharri said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
How the hell can anybody name Kolarov as somebody to blame for today's defeat.
Agreed. The first goal was offside (only just, but offside nonetheless) and the second and third goals were down to rank bad CB play. Fuck all to do with Kolarov.

Kolarov didn't do much wrong today .....

if Kompany and Nastasic had of held firm , we'd have won that game , Villa were absolutely no threat whatsoever apart from their goals , the third of which was laughable defending.

I am not talking about today's mistakes really. I think it would be calming to see our CB's not be the only ones in defense when we are opened up in by a quick counter or a luck pass. It's more about having someone to run back when we are opened up. Din't mean to blame Kolarov at all for todays game my bad.

chesterbells said:
the talisman said:

On current away form, NO we won't.

Bad day at the office, shit happens

Pellers needs to get his head around this league quick though, 1 point from Cardiff, Stoke and Villa away is not top 4 form.

chesterbells said:
the talisman said:

Which is absolutely the most meaningless and pointless conclusion ever drawn from a league table, congratulations.

taconinja said:
OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
In hindsight (yeah I know I laughed when I typed it) he should've taken Milner off for Navas, or better still, not changed it at all. Other than that though - spot on didn't get anything else wrong IMO.

You can see why at that point in the game he felt that he could rest Sami for Wednesday.
It's why I'm still convinced he hasn't got the hang of the Premier League yet. Sometimes when you have a lead, you bring on a defensive midfielder and shut up shop. We should have shifted to a 4-3-3.

I agree that you should do that sometimes but we were so in control and if we had scored another, they would have folded. Virtually Navas' first involvement was to put in an excellent cross that deserved a better response from our forwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.