Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Lets call it a day on this now,it was a freak result.
I wonder how many away games this will be said this season. I'll start the bidding at 8

Is the same every season....."freak result" "dodgy officials" "we will still piss the league" "our squad is better than everyone's" "we are only x points off the top" "arsenal are shit" "is the season over yet".......

Top and bottom of it is we were 20 mins of winning 6 points against Cardiff and Villa and we ended up with none....that Is just not good enough however you look at it and for me it's the players who are to blame not Pellegrini.

How many times do the other top sides throw winning positions away like that in the last 20 minutes....bet it doesn't happen more than once a season, yet it has happened to us twice in 3 away games.

This sloppiness we seem to have needs cutting out and quickly.

It's clear how good we can be from the performances agains the rags and Geordies but this inconsistency will kill us.

Agreed to an extent but if it's the same players constantly then the Manager must drum them out of the club if their attitude isn't right, no matter how big a name they are.
In any workplace one bad apple can infect everyone and everything around them.

Villa were very very lucky yesterday and would count that as a fortunate win. That said we only have ourselves to blame and need to score more when on top for long periods. It would of been easier to take if their keeper had walked off as Motm with a string of world class saves, but that wasn't the case and we didn't create enough clear cut chances.

Bluedancer said:
blueinsa said:
For all the bed wetters on here, i saw no lack of effort, none at all so where all this crap is coming from I dont fucking know?

Clear off side goal against and a very debatable free kick for another goal went against us ffs yet some of you are so fucking hysterical at times you need locking up ffs.

Sure its fucking gutting but rags dropped points, Chelsea dropped points, Spurs dropped points and they will do so plenty more times this season as we are playing in the strongest league in the world, not the fucking conference league!

get a fucking grip you mard arses!
Absolutely.....too many think we can put away 4/5 every week and expecting to win every game. It ain't gonna happen and when the ranters realise this then maybe this thread won't go into meltdown.
Was at the game yesterday and i just couldnt see Villa scoring after our first half display , all was lacking was a second goal. We l;ost our concentration in a mad two minute spell when they got their 2nd and 3 rd goals .. im disappointed with the result but not about our performance.

Bluekiwi said:
The ups and downs of City fans - from ecstasy to gloom.

Villa's tactics totally outsmarted us - they lulled us into a sense of complacency with the ineptitude and our defence just switched off as they had so little to do. But the dumb bugger with the red and yellow flag was hopeless making many wrong calls which seemed to favour the home team - their first goal.

But our defending was shocking. Needless foul in a very dangerous position (result second goal). Centre backs asleep when their goalie actually managed to kick the ball down the middle of the pitch instead of his usual touch finding punts - third goal.

Villa players and fans will wake up shortly and realise they didn't dream the result - it actually happened. Play crap and still get the points - only City can be so benevolent.

But what really annoys me is that we could have put an even bigger gap between us and the rags.

Oh well, that's life for a City fan.

I personally didn't think the pairing of Dzeko and Negredo didn't work very well. Thoughts??

Its heart breaking to lose in such fashion. Abysmal change of tactics and immature needless fouling by Nast.
Dzeko Negredo up front don' t work. Both aren't creative and dont link well with midfield, unlike Aguero and Tevez. We have a problem, we've not replaced Tevez and Ballo (never mind his antics). Jovetic isn't quality and Negredo isn't world class.

Bluebee2 said:
Villa were very very lucky yesterday and would count that as a fortunate win. That said we only have ourselves to blame and need to score more when on top for long periods. It would of been easier to take if their keeper had walked off as Motm with a string of world class saves, but that wasn't the case and we didn't create enough clear cut chances.
this plus the referee and his linesman have to take a look at their performances yesterday - the first goal did change momentum and it was plainly offside
but no excuses for switching off - not good.

So disappointed with that result yesterday.
Strange - because i'm bosnian and won't even try to pretend to be a proper city fan as you locals.
Yet - can't get that game out of my head.

Agree with people who say that this was better performance than Cardiff and Stoke, so i won't have a go at manager or any of the players...
I understand some people saying Mancini should not have been fired, after all he did many good things for the club, but this is over now and i would expect the fans to back the new manager. (although, Mancini's press conferences were more interesting and much funnier to me personally - so i miss them a little bit)

Looks like too many points dropped in the first 6 games, but i do see progress in the performances, so i hope and i'm also optimistic about city going on a winning run in the PL, i just hope it will be sooner rather than later... I reallly think based on everything i saw in these first 8 games of the season that City can and will go on that winning run.

What else to say with my first post - maybe just that i hope to see Micah Richards much more in the team in the future, i think he was involved much more in the title winning season and i think he was more influential in that title win than people give him credit for. Don't get me wrong - this is nothing against Zabaleta who i also consider a great player, but i do think that Richards can be better - at least offensively.

Well it's the day after and I still don't know how to assess it.
Yes we kept attacking (as I prefer), but created very few clear cut chances. And as someone has said our goals were a bit fortunate as Yaya's seemed scuffed and Dzeko's looked like it went in of his shoulder. But they all count.
Milner got to the by-line every so often but couldn't find a decent cross, Nasri was pulling the strings but I thought it was right to sub him as he was being targeted by Villa and received no protection. Navas did a bit but sometimes seem reluctant to skin the full back. Get past the fucker then worry about whether to pass, shoot or cross.
We did some things very well and it might have been a different story had we got a penalty for the foul on Pab Zab or the correct decision for their first goal. But however well we played in certain areas, it's hard to feel positive with one point from nine on our travels against three teams that will finish in the bottom half.

Just seen the highlights we played well, just defensive errors combined with a dodgy offside decision and a great free kick. It wasn't like the crap performance against Cardiff or stoke. We're generally playing well. Not worried

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Jumanji said:
spanishblue said:
Did you see the game ?
Nasri wasn't at fault for the shocking goals. His impact on the game had diminished anyway.

Even without Nasri, we were on the front foot.
That's nonsense, Nasri had just taken the corner for Dzeko to score!

That sub completely took the momentum from us. Same happened at Cardiff. Utter stupidity

+1
Its the tactics change at 67' that mucked up the game for us. They scored (73' & 75') when the team was adjusting to so much change at once. Frustrating because it was needless.

East Level 2 said:
it might have been a different story had we got a penalty for the foul on Pab Zab

That wasn't a foul,giving him the benefit of doubt.......Zabba lost his footing........however,i actually think he dived and then immediately had second thoughts and rightly got up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.