Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

Failsworth_Blue said:
De Jong's a better defensive mid than Kompany who i think is better at centre back. Two of the best performances from a centre back last season were from Kompany (Schalke away and Wigan at home)

agreed!

i take it back! kompany can pass!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1806553/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1806553/</a>

TaylorWill07 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
We're not getting the best out of Kompany in my opinion. He's so blatently a centre back first and foremost, not a midfielder. Now we have De Jong, Zabaleta AND Barry who can all play DM, i pray that we'll see Vincent at centre back this season, but considering we have Toure, Onuoha, Dunne (if he stays) and still want another CB, i'd be very surprised if he plays there. In fact, he may even struggle to get in Hughes' team, which would be a travesty because at just 23 years of age, we have a potential gem of a centre back. I just hope we don't waste him.

i echo this.

me too. wouldn't worry me in the least if we didn't get another CB if Kompany was assured of that spot. he will prove to be Hughes best signing if he gets utilised correctly.

maineroad68 said:
TaylorWill07 said:
i echo this.

me too. wouldn't worry me in the least if we didn't get another CB if Kompany was assured of that spot. he will prove to be Hughes best signing if he gets utilised correctly.

Agree entirely. I'd be very comfortable with Toure/Ned/Vinny with Ben Mee and McGivern as last options! If we signed this Swedish kid Elm as our last signing, I'd be absolutely over the (blue) moon with this transfer window!

the--dud said:
maineroad68 said:

Agree entirely. I'd be very comfortable with Toure/Ned/Vinny with Ben Mee and McGivern as last options! If we signed this Swedish kid Elm as our last signing, I'd be absolutely over the (blue) moon with this transfer window!

said more or less the same on here last night. would be happy to go with toure/ned CB til vinnie gets fit and then stick him in there at the back. great player kompany possibly hughes best signing up to now. 6mil for a great CB and great defensive mid was absolutely fantastic business by city back in august.

may already have been said but a straight swap for messi, xavi or iniesta would be acceptable, otherwise no deal

He's not a centre back and in midfield he is more than a defender - he can pass the ball forward and plays a part in some of our attacks.

It's funny that no one wants him to leave, yet no one wants him in the starting XI

!!!

I say play him over DJ in the DM position

Tribal Football is as reliable as Titus Bramble's defending! Anyways I've been saying we need a new CB but i have completely ignored Kompany. I think he or Ned should partner Toure in the center of defense.

Kompany over De Jong for me every day of the week. Better technique/skill, faster, stronger, better passer, good in the air, more of a leader, better going forward and just as good at tackling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.