Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

Vinny is a liability at CB - we conceded a shit load of goals last season where kompany wasnt picking up his man at set pieces. I like him as a destroyer in midfield though there's not gonna be too many occasions next season where de jong and big vinny will be in the same side.

i liked vinnie as defensive midfielder last year for us but in the long run imo he is our spine in defence.

TaylorWill07 said:
i liked vinnie as defensive midfielder last year for us but in the long run imo he is our spine in defence.

Possibly, but I can see him a leader for sure.

For me he looks good in midfield in the defensive roll I was not really impressed when he covered in defence. Got out of position too much and despite his size he does not seem that good in the air.

From what I have seen so far I prefer him to De Jong in midfield and I think Hughes is of the same opinion.

Dejong is the better tackler but he just seems too small for that role and dont say Claude Macka...

In fairness he was carrying injuries all season and was still one of our best players. I rate him and look frward to him playign in a team with more quality overall, Barry and the defenders we have are signing will make a big difference to his game wherever he ends up playing.

Kompany is awesome, the game @ OT was a disaster but its a team game, players should never be singled out especilly D - Day, pressure was on and a new position had to be played due to injuries. Yes they was poor but i'm praying along with ALL City fans we get somthing @ OT this year. Do the rags eds right in, cant wait to start of season , get Lescott get crackin, realistic target top 6 and C Cup!!!!

CTID

I'd be gutted if vince left, he has it in him to be one of the true footballing greats once he settles down in one position and stays fit but i wouldnt expect him to turn down the chance to join the european champions.

for all the experts who say vinny can't play at the back cast your mind back to our best defensive performance last season and find out who played centre half. Schalke away and it was Vinny who held it together.

He is a centre back in my eyes.

He cant pass the ball well enough to be in midfield.

YES he tackles well - like a centre back should... but he was playing out of position last season!

he works his socks off but he needs to be paired up with toure if we dont get lescott.

sorry ned.

De Jong's a better defensive mid than Kompany who i think is better at centre back. Two of the best performances from a centre back last season were from Kompany (Schalke away and Wigan at home)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.