Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

Biamp said:
Blue Coop said:
I know a few people think he is an excellent left back, it depends if you think Lescott is better than either Kompany or Toure, possibly Toure, but i can't see him being dropped, can you?

Nope. And Toure wont be dropped we just signed him, and we need him as a starter. Vinnie will be dropped most likely. Lescott will play alongside Toure, with Micah /Zab at the right and Bridge on the left.

Exactly, Kompany is our best defender in my opinion. Would be a shame to drop him.

Against the top 4. I would possibly play Onouha, Kompany, Toure, Lescott. Then say keep it tight, don't get forward to often and don't let anything through. As Defenders, they are probably our Four best.

bizzbo said:
I disagree with the whole vinnie is a CB not a DM argument. For his first 8 games his form in the DM role was as good as anyone in europe. He had a couple of good games at CB, but never convinced to the same extent. If his form suffered later, perhaps it was more due to him being shuffled around and asked to play with an injured big toe on his stronger foot.

pretty much agree with this.

although i have a feeling he may prove to be a jack of all positions, but master of none. i really worry about him at CB.

Thaksinssoldier said:
theres something special about vincent,I think he's the real key to anything we achieve in future years.

defo agree with that, he' s got that certain i don't know what, pity we're missing him for the start of the season

Lord BLue said:
bizzbo said:
I disagree with the whole vinnie is a CB not a DM argument. For his first 8 games his form in the DM role was as good as anyone in europe. He had a couple of good games at CB, but never convinced to the same extent. If his form suffered later, perhaps it was more due to him being shuffled around and asked to play with an injured big toe on his stronger foot.

pretty much agree with this.

although i have a feeling he may prove to be a jack of all positions, but master of none. i really worry about him at CB.

Would i be right in thinking he was Ranked #30 in the Top Defenders in the world by official Rankings before he got an injury earlier earlier in his career, He came to us in the understanding that he would be filling in defensive midfield role so has not really been given too much to prove his defensive capabilities, when he's played there, to me i feel much more secure.

Love Vinnie, but think at the moment he is better as a DM.

I seem to be the only one that thinks this, but I think he is a dreadful header of the ball - far too much to be relied on as a centre half at the moment. Don't get me wrong, he wins his fair share, but the ball always seem to come off his head in a completely different direction to the one he intended... Reckon he shuts his eyes myself.

Blue Coop said:
----------------------- Given ---------------------

Zabeletta ---- Kompany --- Toure --- Lescott

------------- De Jong ------ Barry --------------

------ Tevez ------ Ireland ------ Robinho -----

-------------------- Adebayor --------------------

Perhaps this, and while Kompany is injured, Toure and Lescott in the middle with Bridge on the left.

While Toure is away in Jan, Kompany and Lescott in the middle with Bridge again on the left.

this is perfect for me but cant see it as i doubt hughes will play lescott left back but i think kompany (when fit) deserves his place more than bridge and i think lescott first and foremost is a better solid left back than bridge is.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.iransportspress.com/news/165/ARTICLE/2845/2006-03-06.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.iransportspress.com/news/165 ... 03-06.html</a>

This is all i could find regarding Defender rankings, this isn't anything official though.

I hadn't bothered clicking on this thread because I assumed it was someone posting to say how we're going to miss Kompany at the start of the season......I would be gutted if he left, I was channel hopping last night and found ESPN- City v Liverpool (the robbery from last season) only watch 20 mins but Kompany's tackling and general play was fantastic, then I remembered at that point he'd only been at the club a couple of months. He's going to be a great player for us and I'd be gutted if he were to leave. Hopefully given that we don't need the money he won't be going anywhere.

Blue Coop said:
Biamp said:
Nope. And Toure wont be dropped we just signed him, and we need him as a starter. Vinnie will be dropped most likely. Lescott will play alongside Toure, with Micah /Zab at the right and Bridge on the left.

Exactly, Kompany is our best defender in my opinion. Would be a shame to drop him.

Against the top 4. I would possibly play Onouha, Kompany, Toure, Lescott. Then say keep it tight, don't get forward to often and don't let anything through. As Defenders, they are probably our Four best.

Spot on. Great point. But for some reason I can't see Hughes playing with this line in defence IMO. By the way Kompany prefers to play the defensive midfielder role, which could be anoher option for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.