Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

Tricky_Trev said:
feedthegoat2007 said:
why didn`t zab just play in midfield and leave kompany at cb,with richards at lb.(kompany was poor)
Because at that point in the season, Zabaleta had never been used in midfield before. The derby was on 30th November. The very first time we tried Zab in midfield was the Wigan game at home on 17th January. Until this point, Hughes saw Zab as solely a right back. An injury to Ireland and the poor form of Fernandes before the Wigan game meant Hughes had to try something different. So Zab moved into midfield. At the time of the derby, Zab coming on and playing at right back, with Kompany going into midfield was a no-brainer because Hughes saw right-back as Zab's only position at that particular time.

But Zab should have told Hughes that "I am a midfielder", so Hughes could take the necessary steps.

Somud said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Because at that point in the season, Zabaleta had never been used in midfield before. The derby was on 30th November. The very first time we tried Zab in midfield was the Wigan game at home on 17th January. Until this point, Hughes saw Zab as solely a right back. An injury to Ireland and the poor form of Fernandes before the Wigan game meant Hughes had to try something different. So Zab moved into midfield. At the time of the derby, Zab coming on and playing at right back, with Kompany going into midfield was a no-brainer because Hughes saw right-back as Zab's only position at that particular time.

But Zab should have told Hughes that "I am a midfielder", so Hughes could take the necessary steps.
Maybe he should have done, but i don't see what it's got to do with the debate over whether Kompany's a good CB or not!

whicko said:
NO WAY
Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany is interesting Barcelona.
Barca coach Pep Guardiola wants a new defensive signing made before the summer market shuts and Sport says Kompany is on his shortlist.

The Belgium international's versatility is attractive to Guardiola, who would like to sign a defender capable of also filling in a defensive midfield role when required.

Is this the same Barca that apparently want to have a 200 million anti City buy out clause for Messi ??

cheeky fookers.

mpenza92 said:
I bet the same people who don't want Kompany to go also wanted us to get Lescott AND Toure

What if it was???Should we just depend on 2 centre halves and pray they never get injured or suspended? Both Lescott and Toure can also play full back so good squad signings.Toure and Lescott wouldn't have a bearing on VK,you need 2 players challenging for every position. 2 centre back slots means you should have 4 at least. VK,Neds,Toure,Lescott. Dunnie will move on with the thanks of the fans.

Don't mean to be arsey mate but we're building a squad. You'll win feck all and make no progress if you only have 11 quality players to pick from.

We'll only sell if it benefits the squad. We're substantially richer than Barca so the money isn't important to us. If Kompany wishes to go, and kicks up a fuss, then potentially we'd consider it, but I can't see him doing that, he's only been here 12 months.

Can't see it being true but i can't see anyone turning down Barcelona to stay with us if it is true.
We have the money & an exciting future but Barcelona are on another planet to us at the moment.

Tricky_Trev said:
feedthegoat2007 said:
hes not good enough to be a top class cb hes to hesitant,positioning is poor and he gets caught out marking at set pieces,he lasted the first half against the rags at cb but at times looked lost and out of his depth and was then moved into midfield for the second half,he also struggles with injuries and is one of those players who will miss fairly large chunks of the season every year,as a holding midfielder de jong is much better as hes more mobile and disciplined.i wouldnt be suprised with this in mind if he does go because he will struggle to get in the team.
The reason Kompany moved to midfield in the second half against the rags was not due to how he was performing at centre back. It was more to do with how the midfield was performing. Our central 3 was Hamann as the DM with Ireland and SWP infront of him. Vass and Robinho were then on each flank. With this setup, it was inevitable that Hamann would have a ton of work to do. A younger, fitter Hamann would have had no problem, but he was dead on his feet and we surrendered the midfield as a result. At half time, Hughes took Hamann off and brought Zabaleta on. Zab moved to right-back, Richards partnered Dunne at centre back, and Kompany moved to DM in an attempt to win back the midfield. It was nothing to do with Kompany's performance at centre back.

This

we had the schalke game the thurs before if memory serves me and it was a similar setup in midfield and at the back. Hamann played a large chunk of that, hence his weary legs.

Seriously though, if we sign Lescott what role will Kompany play in our team? I love him but I can't see Hughes playing him ahead of Toure/Lescott/Nedum or de Jong or Barry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.