Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

sboroMCFC said:
Seriously though, if we sign Lescott what role will Kompany play in our team? I love him but I can't see Hughes playing him ahead of Toure/Lescott/Nedum or de Jong or Barry.
I agree with you, it's going to be tough for Vinnie. I think that although i consider him to be a better defender than a midfielder, his role will be to rotate with De Jong. I'd be surprised if Hughes rotates his centre backs. Most managers prefer to decide upon a prefered pairing and select them when fit, and i don't expect Hughes to be any different. I think his first choice pairing will be Toure and whatever new centre back we bring in over the coming week or two. Therefore, Vinnie will mainly be competing with De Jong. He's going to have to be patient this season, that's for sure.

Tricky_Trev said:
sboroMCFC said:
Seriously though, if we sign Lescott what role will Kompany play in our team? I love him but I can't see Hughes playing him ahead of Toure/Lescott/Nedum or de Jong or Barry.
I agree with you, it's going to be tough for Vinnie. I think that although i consider him to be a better defender than a midfielder, his role will be to rotate with De Jong. I'd be surprised if Hughes rotates his centre backs. Most managers prefer to decide upon a prefered pairing and select them when fit, and i don't expect Hughes to be any different. I think his first choice pairing will be Toure and whatever new centre back we bring in over the coming week or two. Therefore, Vinnie will mainly be competing with De Jong. He's going to have to be patient this season, that's for sure.

Then again if he's very solid when we play him and Toure isn't so convincing he might play a lot more. And this might actually happen imo.

----------------------- Given ---------------------

Zabeletta ---- Kompany --- Toure --- Lescott

------------- De Jong ------ Barry --------------

------ Tevez ------ Ireland ------ Robinho -----

-------------------- Adebayor --------------------

Perhaps this, and while Kompany is injured, Toure and Lescott in the middle with Bridge on the left.

While Toure is away in Jan, Kompany and Lescott in the middle with Bridge again on the left.

well if barca really want him they are gonna have to sign him without him having a medical?. considering he's out till the end of september think its a load of bollocks really.

Blue Coop said:

Perhaps this, and while Kompany is injured, Toure and Lescott in the middle with Bridge on the left.

While Toure is away in Jan, Kompany and Lescott in the middle with Bridge again on the left.

Looks good. But I can't see Hughes using Lescott as a left back. But cover for Bridge IMO.

Biamp said:
Blue Coop said:

Looks good. But I can't see Hughes using Lescott as a left back. But cover for Bridge IMO.

I know a few people think he is an excellent left back, it depends if you think Lescott is better than either Kompany or Toure, possibly Toure, but i can't see him being dropped, can you?

Blue Coop said:
Biamp said:

I know a few people think he is an excellent left back, it depends if you think Lescott is better than either Kompany or Toure, possibly Toure, but i can't see him being dropped, can you?

Nope. And Toure wont be dropped we just signed him, and we need him as a starter. Vinnie will be dropped most likely. Lescott will play alongside Toure, with Micah /Zab at the right and Bridge on the left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.