W T F

The problem was we didnt sell out ,the demand from Polish people was there to watch a Polish team in the Uk where they work. Whats wrong with that?.The atmosphere should improve ,probably they will make more noise than our own supporters and enjoy themselves after paying for tickets.The more successful we become the more our supporters seem to whinge about one thing or another.

penalty spot said:
The problem was we didnt sell out ,the demand from Polish people was there to watch a Polish team in the Uk where they work. Whats wrong with that?.The atmosphere should improve ,probably they will make more noise than our own supporters and enjoy themselves after paying for tickets.The more successful we become the more our supporters seem to whinge about one thing or another.

Nailed on certainty that

daveduke67 said:
Eds said:
A number of issues appear to arise here?

1. I assume Poznan were allocated a certain number of tickets. Surely they sell them in whatever way they see fit. Once they are sold then that is it.
2. How have the UK poles obtained their tickets? If via Cityhow have they circumnavigated the 'strict' rules om tickets
3. If City or any other club sell out their allocation at a game for the away end and ask 10 days before the game 'please can you move the home fans out of their seats' I would imagine the response would be slightly stronger than no.

Answers please...........

Why shouldn't they sell more tickets of they can?

There aren't any City fans being denied entry - just being moved as they agreed to do when they bought their s/card. The club would be mad to turn down an extra 5,000 paying fans - or do the 3rd tier refugees think they should have turned down over £100k of income just so that they could sit in what they perceive as their own personal seat. They'll be the first to moan when s/c prices go up to pay for our new players and their wages.

Like I said in an earlier post, if they dont like it - refuse the ticket and wear a black and white scarf and as Liam(?) added, start singing 'white and black, we want our seats back'

FFS there are some people who just can't wait to moan about the club and everything it does. If you don't like the way the club is moving go set up an independant football club of your own - FC City of Manchester may be a good name for it.
Don't think you should overlook the point that my refund of £40 for relocation, is not a gift, we will all have to pay an increase on ticket prices to accommodate this re-shuffle of seats so we'll all be chipping in. If the object is to fill the stadium then at least lets do it proper, none of this knee-jerk shifting people out of there seats, we should have a coherent seat policy.

Everyone seems to have missed my point.

If City had said that level three will be given over to away BEFORE tickets went on sale then there wouldn't have been all this debate. The fact that Poznan have sold out is irrelevant as all that means is that no more away fans can get in. The fact that City fans are being moved so late in the day is the problem. Sorry Poznan no more tickets should have been the response. I dont see Wigan telling everyone that if you sell out the away end just ask for more because we have plenty of seats spare. BTW I am not affected by all this as I am on level 2 but the whole handling of the situation is yet again a kick in the teeth and badly handled.

Kirkstall Blue said:
daveduke67 said:
Why shouldn't they sell more tickets of they can?

There aren't any City fans being denied entry - just being moved as they agreed to do when they bought their s/card. The club would be mad to turn down an extra 5,000 paying fans - or do the 3rd tier refugees think they should have turned down over £100k of income just so that they could sit in what they perceive as their own personal seat. They'll be the first to moan when s/c prices go up to pay for our new players and their wages.

Like I said in an earlier post, if they dont like it - refuse the ticket and wear a black and white scarf and as Liam(?) added, start singing 'white and black, we want our seats back'

FFS there are some people who just can't wait to moan about the club and everything it does. If you don't like the way the club is moving go set up an independant football club of your own - FC City of Manchester may be a good name for it.
Don't think you should overlook the point that my refund of £40 for relocation, is not a gift, we will all have to pay an increase on ticket prices to accommodate this re-shuffle of seats so we'll all be chipping in. If the object is to fill the stadium then at least lets do it proper, none of this knee-jerk shifting people out of there seats, we should have a coherent seat policy.

There won't be as many people being moved as there will be non city fans coming in I'd guess. Like I said, previoulsy it appeared that a lot of 3rd tier fans had taken tickets elsewhere as that tier was pretty empty.
I'm only guessing but I can't see there being a better take up from second tier fans compared to third tier - just that the third tier went for the lower tier seeing as it was the same price. So I doubt there will be that many people affected by this - and I'd think a vast majority are more than happy to be getting £20 back and a free seat.

There is a coherent seat policy - same as every other clubs - you move if you have to. Knee jerk? Would you accept it if you were the target of abuse by non City fans or involved in violence whist sat in your third tier seat? The club have put it's fans safety first - they can't stop people legitimately buying tickets if they are registered so have done the only other thing they can and moved people to a safer position.

What would your solution be?

This is a one off situation that caught the club out - why can't people accept this and get on with it.

Is it just East Stand Level 3 that are being moved? i'm in CB level 3, do i have to move too?

MartynX said:
Is it just East Stand Level 3 that are being moved? i'm in CB level 3, do i have to move too?

No your fine mate, its only EL3 being moved, just took me 25mins to get through i am on level 2 and got told we still get loyalty points.

Eds said:
Everyone seems to have missed my point.

If City had said that level three will be given over to away BEFORE tickets went on sale then there wouldn't have been all this debate. The fact that Poznan have sold out is irrelevant as all that means is that no more away fans can get in. The fact that City fans are being moved so late in the day is the problem. Sorry Poznan no more tickets should have been the response. I dont see Wigan telling everyone that if you sell out the away end just ask for more because we have plenty of seats spare. BTW I am not affected by all this as I am on level 2 but the whole handling of the situation is yet again a kick in the teeth and badly handled.

I think the point is that numbers of Polish have bought tickets in the City end. City seem to be reacting to this, probably with the police's involvement.

Well done City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.