W T F

Didsbury Dave said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
I've never in my life heard about fans being moved in their own ground to make way for random fans at first I thought it was all just a joke but when I got the email I was seriously like (as the topic states) WTF?!?

We should get 35,000 attendance regardless because if I'm correct we sold 35,000 season tickets this season and there's no excuse (other than the fans that work late nights) to not attend these cup games it was £50 for 3 games surely if you can afford £500+ for a season card you can afford £50 for 3 games its a bargain.

So it resolves to having to bring in random fans to fill the ground its fuckin embarrassing considering we use to fill out at Maine Road and still have thousands of fans screaming for tickets we move to a 47,000 capacity stadium past to seasons been more promising then the past 20 years and still fans only turn up for Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, United and the quarter finals for any cup comp we end up in its a joke.

There are actually so many things wrong with this post I can't be arsed going through them point by point. I disagree with every sentence of that post.

Enlighten me DD discuss why you disagree with the amount of fans that only turn up for the big games against the big teams I'm interested in knowing why these fans that only happen to get to the games by pure coincidence but yet can't make wigan or blackburn at home have a reason for this other then they can't be arsed watching the club they support play an average team.

C1TY4LIFE said:
lancs blue said:
That's my main grievance too. I wonder what the club would have done if the match was a near sell-out and they couldn't relocate the UK-based Poles?

Also, seeing as nobody knows exactly who these Poles support, putting them all together may cause more problems than it solves.

I've never in my life heard about fans being moved in their own ground to make way for random fans at first I thought it was all just a joke but when I got the email I was seriously like (as the topic states) WTF?!?

We should get 35,000 attendance regardless because if I'm correct we sold 35,000 season tickets this season and there's no excuse (other than the fans that work late nights) to not attend these cup games it was £50 for 3 games surely if you can afford £500+ for a season card you can afford £50 for 3 games its a bargain.

So it resolves to having to bring in random fans to fill the ground its fuckin embarrassing considering we use to fill out at Maine Road and still have thousands of fans screaming for tickets we move to a 47,000 capacity stadium past to seasons been more promising then the past 20 years and still fans only turn up for Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, United and the quarter finals for any cup comp we end up in its a joke.
South Stand season ticket holders move most Cup games

I suppose City could have moved South Stand ticket holders out of the South Stand and put all the Poles in there, but what if more than 6k turn up?

Cup attendances at Maine Rd were very poor. Even when the UEFA Cup, and European Cup Winners Cup were prestigious competitions, and the games were knockout we did not fill Maine Rd.

zandvoort blue said:
Should have moved the South Stand ticket holders.....

Now that would have been funny.
why???they do that nearly every domestic cup-tie anyway,if they had have done that what would the poor little mites who have to move for ONE game and are now watching the game for nothing have to moan about!!!

WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS I'VE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR 30 MINS TRYING TO GET THROUGH TO CHANGE MY SEAT AT AN INCONVENIENCE TO ME. AND ITS NOT MY DOING

Marvin said:
C1TY4LIFE said:

I suppose City could have moved South Stand ticket holders out of the South Stand and put all the Poles in there, but what if more than 6k turn up?

Cup attendances at Maine Rd were very poor. Even when the UEFA Cup, and European Cup Winners Cup were prestigious competitions, and the games were knockout we did not fill Maine Rd.

Just to add to that...all clubs relocate season ticket holders from time to time.

Blackburn used to do it regularly just to accomodate City fans. All clubs do it for cup games, bar none.

And as the above post says, City have always had low crowds for early cup games. In fact all clubs have the same. It is just the way it is.

It isn't " a joke", it isnt "embarrassing", it's just the way it is. Why do people get upset by stuff like this?

waspish said:
WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS I'VE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR 30 MINS TRYING TO GET THROUGH TO CHANGE MY SEAT AT AN INCONVENIENCE TO ME. AND ITS NOT MY DOING

My mate got his Wolves ticket today and was on hold for about 5 seconds...phoned at the right time then.

Must have had a sudden rush of phone calls!

EDIT: Just read that you lot have to ring supporter services, not ticketline.

waspish said:
Well put the phone down after the first 60 seconds and phone at 10.30pm when no one else will be bothering. The game is not tomorrow

Do yourelf a favour instead of trying your hardest to be inconvenienced to the maximum

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:

Just to add to that...all clubs relocate season ticket holders from time to time.

Blackburn used to do it regularly just to accomodate City fans. All clubs do it for cup games, bar none.

And as the above post says, City have always had low crowds for early cup games. In fact all clubs have the same. It is just the way it is.

It isn't " a joke", it isnt "embarrassing", it's just the way it is. Why do people get upset by stuff like this?
blackburn last season changed everything around totally to suit us.They were selling season tickets for £150 for 15 premier league games not including utd,burnley and both scouse teams.When they got us 1st game they changed it round so we replaced everton as one of the said teams.

Marvin said:
waspish said:
Well put the phone down after the first 60 seconds and phone at 10.30pm when no one else will be bothering. The game is not tomorrow

Do yourelf a favour instead of trying your hardest to be inconvenienced to the maximum
Office hours only for the "dedicated" Lech Poznan line. At least it's an 0161 number otherwise the cost of the call would end up being more than the £20 saving on the free ticket given the time spent queuing!

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:

And as the above post says, City have always had low crowds for early cup games. In fact all ¶clubs have the same. It is just the way it is.

Yeah but compare us to blackburn more fans should be getting behind our club we all hear of this City have the best fan base 35,000 in 3rd tier football, you'd think with the new found wealth and the intake of new class players you would think we would get at least 38,000-40,000 in cups and 45,000 every league game my money is on glory hunters waiting for us to win a cup then the ground will be rammed we spent years and years takin the piss out of United for it but sadly I can see our club going the same way and I'm not gonna turn around and say if it happens it happens because I always was proud to have a stadium full of City fans not just fans in it for the ride, but you have to admit the attendance for the league as well as cup games could be better if they are for the so called big 4 games that's my main argument.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.