Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

Will be watching all the games this season in Aus (Starting in Sydney). Wish me luck!

1-6 game in Cebu the Philippines.

Football is well behind Basketball and cock fighting in popularity over they and was struggling to find a bar showing it as the Sports Bar all the locals directed us to was closed.

We eventually found a small local bar and our 2 taxi loads of various nationalities settled in to enjoy the game.

Comment of the night came from a local girl watching her first football game, 'They are just playing with them'!

A great evening was complete later in the disco when I noticed some rag top wearing Koreans and sung them the Park song. They didn't have a clue!

sonicboomboy said:
Watched most of the QPR match at my mates house in Florida.
I say most because I had to go for a walk with 5 mins to go before I threw up on his lounge floor from the nerves. Walked round the lake in abject misery until I heard the Mrs scream........ I would love to say that I took it all in my stride but maybe it was the high pollen levels (or the thought of my long suffering City mates) that made me blub my eyes out.
Walked round for two weeks feeling ten feet tall, whistling the Kolo/Yaya tune, and for the first time in years, never saw a single Rag shirt in Kissimmee........priceless!

Does this mean you missed the goals......? How did you feel about that? :-(

digbythebiggestdogintheworld said:
ethan23 said:
Watched us lose years ago to wolves 1-0 i think!? Robbie Keane scored, possibly danny granville's debut.. set the tone for the rest of the day

watched that match in a bar in corfu - it was the first league match after the play off final, and as i recall it was a shit match. me and mrs thebiggestdogintheworld were the only blues in there, but there were cockney rags in there who kept calling us man city and referred to themselves as man yoo. the only saving grace was that the bar was nowhere near where we were staying so we had no cause to return

I watched it in Brothers Bar in Alcudia. A couple of other blues in there from Heywood I think

ade's knee slide diplomacy said:
Last year set off from Fort Walton Beach, Florida at 8 in morning to arrive at friend's house in De Funiak Springs for 9:45, just in time to miss first half of Charity Shield cause I'd done a counting horse act on the time difference. Managed to catch the car crash second half though :(

In Bodrum for same game this year with less time difference to cock up so should be ok

Dare i ask??

Watched City in a bar in Marmaris with a Millwall fan and a gooner.
The gooner threw his shirt into the street when Adebayor scored ,then slid towards the fans on his knees.
The Millwall fan found it funny too.

look if anyone is out in Barcelona there is a group of us blues out here, we normally get games on a Saturday afternoon as well were a good bunch ...

daryl

Watched us lose 1-0 away to Stoke and watched us beat Newcastle 2-1 or 3-1 when Bellamy made his debut for us i think. Watching it in Tenerife in a bar called Bentleys, the owners a big Everton fan and put the games on for us.

Hart of the matter said:
sonicboomboy said:
Watched most of the QPR match at my mates house in Florida.
I say most because I had to go for a walk with 5 mins to go before I threw up on his lounge floor from the nerves. Walked round the lake in abject misery until I heard the Mrs scream........ I would love to say that I took it all in my stride but maybe it was the high pollen levels (or the thought of my long suffering City mates) that made me blub my eyes out.
Walked round for two weeks feeling ten feet tall, whistling the Kolo/Yaya tune, and for the first time in years, never saw a single Rag shirt in Kissimmee........priceless!

Does this mean you missed the goals......? How did you feel about that? :-(

Yep, missed them both. Honestly was more relieved that we had pulled it back from the edge than anything else. At 0-0 up at St james Park had to walk down the concourse to try and poach a goal too. Its not the taking part its the result that counts :-)

bartinbarca2 said:
look if anyone is out in Barcelona there is a group of us blues out here, we normally get games on a Saturday afternoon as well were a good bunch ...

daryl
Watched the Arsenal game in Barcelona in April in a 'Sports Bar' on the Ramblas, had only arrived the same day, so settled for there, packed full of Cockneys. Horrible experience, eight fucking points, thought it was all over, you know how the rest of the story goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.